Peanut Butter Brands Question

Options
Which is healthier smuckers organic creamy or smuckers natural no salt added creamy peanut butter?

I like to have a consistent breakfast and lunch and I have also just lost weight and I'm trying to lose about 2 pounds a week til I'm 120 lbs. I'm 125 lbs now, 5'5, female and 18 turning 19. I have an orange and banana for breakfast everyday and most nights I have some sort of vegetables, curry or lentils, beans etc. with basmati rice or whole wheat roti. I need protein cause I'm a vegetarian now which I will get from chickpeas and lentils in my dinner. However I don't wanna do salads for lunch. I plan on having one of these peanut butters (1 table spoon) on 2 slices of 100 percent whole wheat BIMBO bread and 1 table spoon Polaner strawberry preserves sugar free with fiber (10 calories per table spoon). It's a 225 calorie sandwich with a 200 calorie breakfast. Are these healthy choices? and around 750 calorie dinner maybe less. BASICALLY IS THE PB & J okay to eat DAILY and which peanut butter will be the healthiest. I can't decide and I've studied the nutrition in and out- here's the link

http://www.smuckers.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?groupId=2&categoryId=343&flavorId=823

I will vary the fruits in my breakfast and my dinners are never the same. They are different but around those calories and almost always healthy- basmati rice lentils chickpea curry potato eggplant whole wheat rotis etc. I just wanna know if this as my lunch is okay for almost everyday. How can it be bad with sugar free jam and organic or natural peanut butter with protein-which I need as a vegetarian. I'm getting my fruit and fiber in the morning, vegetables and grains at night. Protein and fiber at lunch.
I just don't get how this PB and J isn't healthy on a daily lunch bases (even when I increase my calories from 1200 to 1800 once I'm 120 lbs). Can you suggest other healthy sandwich ideas if not. Or the healthiest peanut butter?
Would it be healthier to have the PB and J every other day and 1 egg veggie omelette the other 4 days? Or is this PB and J fine to eat almost everyday even after I lose the last 6 lbs

THANKS

Replies

• blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is fine daily as long as it fits your macros. Smuckers PB seems pretty much the same across the board (organic vs natural). Which ever one you think tastes better is the one you should go with. Personally, I like the Kraft Natural... it has a bit of a sweet flavor to it.
  • kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I personally like PB2 it's the healthiest of all the peanut butters. Most PB are 180-200 calories. PB2 is 45 calories, it's a powder and you mix it with water to the consistency you like. PB2 doesn't have all the sodium and oils that other PB have.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I don't really care about brands. I look at the ingredients to make sure there is no added oil or sugar. Salt is okay for me. Just read the label!