struggling....

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
i'm really really really struggling.. ..i know i will get back on track but right now i am having horrible cravings and end up "binge" eating and i HATE the way it is making me feel...i'm not sure what is going on, but i am soooo angry with myself i don't even know how to deal with it....my plan is to get my exercise schedule back on track next week when my son's tball season is over and hopefully that will help keep me motivated to eat well too....but i just had to share how upset i am with myself for my lack of progress over the last 5 weeks....i only have 8 1/2 more weeks until i head to maine for my 20 year reunion and although i know i can kick the *kitten* out of the weight i have to lose, i'm just feeling really bad about myself right now....HELP! !!!!!!!!

i went thru my gym's group exercise class schedule...and actually put the following on my calendar as repeat events:
Monday 6am studio cycle
5pm running after work on flagler

Tuesday 6am group power

Wednesday 5pm running after work on flagler

Thursday 6am studio cycle OR
545 pilates mat OR
645 group groove

Friday 6am group power

Saturday 9am pliates mat OR
11am group power

Sunday 9am group power

so my goal right now is to do 4-5 days of exercise whether it is my running after work on mon/wed nights when my husband picks up the kids or it is the stupid 6am classes at the gym during the week....maybe if i can get into a good rhythm i can do a morning class and an evening workout too....i need to kick the *kitten* out of my fitness part in order to feel like the eating part is worth while i think....anyway, thanks for the support and please please please keep asking me how my workouts are going...i totally believe once i get on track with my exercise i wont want to eat the crap that i'm eating now....it wont be worth it because of all the hard work i'm putting in...
denise

Replies

• Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    I understand how you're feeling... One way I deal with the struggle is to break it down into smaller pieces. One day at a time, you know? Just focus on today - you're going to exercise today (ignore tomorrow or next week), just think of today and how good you'll feel after. In my job I effectively work one year ahead of schedule so it's so hard to keep my mind on just one day, but in this thing, we can't think ahead - just think on the next hour, even.

Hang in there.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    It really helps to plan out your workouts for the week (like you would set dr appts) and plan your meals/snacks for the day each day. Even plan 1 or 2 days a week where you will allow a cheat snack or evening out to dinner.... Every day is a new day.

Sounds like you have a great plan set up!
  • sewart
    sewart Posts: 10
    Options
    Hmmm. I too understand...have you thought about what is driving the binge eating? Sabotage, compensating for unmet emotional needs, past trauma (divorce, abortion, bankruptcy)? Humans are more than just physical beings; what else is going on in your life?
  • kellyblack
    kellyblack Posts: 25
    Options
    I hear ya! some days I seem to sail through and others I just have constant cravings. Something I try to do on those days is to allow myself to eat all I want of healthy foods--vegetables, fruits. I figure maybe if my body wants something and if I feed it good food it might get what it wants and my brain will stop screaming at me!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This is what has worked for me.

· Don't expect it to happen soon.
    · It's going to take months of work.
    · Try small things first i.e. parking farther away, then later walking after work and when I feel like it I'll take up jogging.
    · Don't freak out if you binge; everyone has done it. It's only one moment and it's not over due to one laps.
    · You can do it because others have done and I'm not any different.

This has been my basic "mind set" so far and it's worked for me and you might have to come up with your own way of thinking but number one is "Don't Give Up".
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% with joscelle! The advice is spot on. You can do this, you are stronger then your want to binge. Remember, you are in control, you make the desicions when it comes to you. If you have a slip up, you have one, we all do. Don't let the pressure of the slip up overcome you. Focus on how well you are doing for that day. Be proud of the little steps you make each day. Cheer for yourself....we are all in your corner! :smile:
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all of you. Does anyone find that carbs trigger a binge? I'm still trying to isolate this. I'm pretty sure that it's refined flour, possibly combined with a fat or saturated fat....maybe combined with high fructose corn syrup? I'm finding that if I eat clean I don't have uncontrollable cravings. I know it's not just will power for me because I don't have any! I'm really thinking there's an addictive element to some foods. Your thoughts?
  • kltobin2010
    Options
    I def agree with that, needamulligan. Additives def play a roll, like high fructose corn syrup and refine sugars! There was study done (sorry can't remember when) that fake sugars and refined sugars encourage eating unhealthy, empty calories.
  • needamulligan
    Options
    I think that I've had a can of diet coke trigger a binge. That one, simply does not make sense to me! Since then, I've tried to eliminate diet pop but not Splenda entirely.
  • kltobin2010
    Options
    I like Splenda, but I just try to avoid sugar all together.
    It's sounds like its a little of both, will power and what you eat with some encouragement thrown in the mix!
  • needamulligan
    Options
    ....and log, log, log everything!
  • tigerscents
    Options
    I'm not sure if it will be of help, but something I have found that I enjoy is recording a variety of the shows on fittv and then locking myself in my room so the family can't interrupt. I get anywhere from a 30 minute to 2 hour workout in depending on how quiet it is. I can't bring myself to go to early morning classes, it just does not work for me....I don't feel awake at all at that point. I'm supposed to move and sweat and enjoy it then? Uh uh.....by using the time of day that I do, it keeps me from snacking during the time I have found I am the most vulnerable and it's good to relieve the stress from work. Again, not sure if you find that helpful, but I thought I'd throw it in the ring for consideration.

1056727.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your support....i updated my profile on here, i got some friends and i got my *kitten* moving yesterday...i tracked my food all day - even my chinese takeout last night but best of all i went for a 3 mile run after work and then headed to the gym for my group power class....i felt awesome and will take "rest" today but will probably go running tomorrow after work or drag my *kitten* out of bed and get to the 6am group power class before getting the household up and out the door for the day....change is a coming and again thanks for all you support....keep on my *kitten* please cause i need to be held accountable...i know it is a big enough challenge keeping track of your own progress, but please keep an eye out for me too - i appreciate it...:smile:
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    i'm really really really struggling.. ..i know i will get back on track but right now i am having horrible cravings and end up "binge" eating and i HATE the way it is making me feel...i'm not sure what is going on, but i am soooo angry with myself i don't even know how to deal with it....my plan is to get my exercise schedule back on track next week when my son's tball season is over and hopefully that will help keep me motivated to eat well too....but i just had to share how upset i am with myself for my lack of progress over the last 5 weeks....i only have 8 1/2 more weeks until i head to maine for my 20 year reunion and although i know i can kick the *kitten* out of the weight i have to lose, i'm just feeling really bad about myself right now....HELP! !!!!!!!!

This has been me since Saturday. I know what I should & shouldn't be doings yet I'm doing the opposite. I think it's the weather as silly as it sounds. We had such nice weather then it tanked & got Autumnish. No sun, rainy, gray skies. I didn't want to walk the dog like I had been after dinner. I didn't want to do my Shred video. I just wanted to lay in bed watching TV after dinner. On top of it, I started snacking while getting dinner ready which I never do. I feel like Ive been in a funk since the weather change, all depressed & I don't really know why.