DVD Suggestions

Options
I am looking for some good Workout DVD's that are not hard on the knees. I can't really do any squats. Other than that I don't mind the hard work and intensity. I eventually get there. Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• JElizabethJB
    Options
    Chris Powell from Extreme makeover Weight loss Edition has a beginners workout that is low impact and easy on the knees from what I remember.
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Or any of the Leslie sansone walking dvds. You can view them on YouTube also.
  • Pink_Tina
    Options
    Or any of the Leslie sansone walking dvds. You can view them on YouTube also.

I second this. I have bad knees and it's been working for me. :flowerforyou:
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest Leslie S as well.
  • swoods516
    swoods516 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I went out and bought a Leslie Sansone during lunch today. I will try it tonight.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I have bad knees as well. I found these great knee straps on Amazon called Mueller jumping knee strap. I had another person with bad knees tell me about them. They made all the difference in the world. I wore them everyday when I worked out no matter what kind of work out of even if it was just going for a walk. Over time I did not have to wear them anymore which I will credit to getting my legs back in shape. Once in awhile if my knees flare up I just strap them back on. Best discovery ever for bad knees. They run around $14.00 for a pair.
  • swoods516
    swoods516 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion on the straps. I did check them out. However I am not sure they would work for me. I have osteoarthritis in both knees. I am going to do a little more research.
  • jessa271
    Options
    Prevention has some decent low-impact dvds. the trainer (chris freytag) is far less annoying that some & they seem geared to people who aren't 20, like me.