School has me stressed! I JUST WANT TO EAT!

Options
So, I have two exams this week. All I want to do is eat. That's how I usually handle my stress. But I have really been doing good and I want to keep it that way. Can anyone please give me some tips on what I can do to avoid the cravings, or at least to not eat my emotions away :(

Replies

• lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    gum. especially minty gum (not fruity)
  • ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Gum is a good idea! I'll have to try that. I'm in school too and I've got lots of papers and projects that I'm working on...sometimes (like right now), my mind wanders and I'll start thinking about food. I probably think about food 75% of my day! But I think it's because I also love to cook...so I'm always thinking about what to cook next... Anyway, I love tea so whenever I feel like I'm going to eat a whole bag of chips, I brew myself a big cup of tea and sip it for the next hour. If I'm still feeling "hungry" (you might not like this), I distract myself by writing my papers or researching for my projects. An hour or two will fly by before i realize that my paper is written and I'm no longer thinking about food because it's bed time!

Also...a quick note. I realized that if I didn't buy any junk food, I wouldn't be tempted to eat any. My fridge is full of fruits and veggies...and I'm not the biggest fruit and veggie person. So I'll browse the kitchen a few times, not find something I want to eat, and get back to work. Good luck!
  • miniearthquake
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel, I get so tired from school and then I have to study for everything. Cookies sound so great... anywho You've been doing well! Just remember, It really isn't okay to binge eat or eat a lot of something that's really not healthy, or just over-eating. Once you start, it'll be hard to stop. Remember, food isn't a way to release stress, instead do something like running, something to get your stress out (if you don't like running, try to get your mind off it, do anything to keep your mind off of eating). I used to eat when I was bored or stressed too. Just have the mindset of reaching your goal. If you eat, i dunnno, a cookie now, it'll stop you from reaching your goal. - I hope this helped, keep up the good work! It's like a mental battle, but if you want to reach your goal, you will do anything to do it.
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your replies! I am definitely gonna try all of your ideas. It is very hard, especially having hard classes this semester. Good luck in school you guys!
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel, I get so tired from school and then I have to study for everything. Cookies sound so great... anywho You've been doing well! Just remember, It really isn't okay to binge eat or eat a lot of something that's really not healthy, or just over-eating. Once you start, it'll be hard to stop. Remember, food isn't a way to release stress, instead do something like running, something to get your stress out (if you don't like running, try to get your mind off it, do anything to keep your mind off of eating). I used to eat when I was bored or stressed too. Just have the mindset of reaching your goal. If you eat, i dunnno, a cookie now, it'll stop you from reaching your goal. - I hope this helped, keep up the good work! It's like a mental battle, but if you want to reach your goal, you will do anything to do it.

You are so right about that! If I want something I will do anything to get what I want. :) And that is a good way to think about it that way.. "A cookie would stop me from reaching my goal".
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would also make sure your foods are offering heaps of nutrition. Studying can take a lot of energy. You might not need to eat more, but quality is super important.