Need support, whats worked for U?

Options
Hey! Im new and I am looking for some freinds on here to help support me, and of course to be supportive as well. I am at my heightest weight EVER! To be honest it breaks my heart. I am done with 'tomorrow the journey begins for weightloss!' I am it it TODAY, because I could put this off forever lol. Anyway, I am not my the person I know I can be. Somewhere I lost my confidence. I just want to be happy again. I know with dedication it can be done, just need patience. I was told it is 80% diet and portion control, 20% exercise. What do u guys think? Anyway I know losing weight is different for everyone, can you please share things that helped you?!? In the past not eating late has been helpful to me. Also feel free to add me :) thanks

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me is being realistic...I will never eat 100% healthy all the time. I'm human. I eat well 85% of the time and like crap the other 15%. When I lost my 70lbs, I portion controlled and exercises. I know what "they" say, but it's been my personal experience that exercise was 50% of my success when losing the weight and also maintaining it for the better part of 20 years.

I didn't do everything perfectly in 1987 when I lost my weight b/c I didn't have the knowledge we have now and we didn't have the internet lol. But, over time, I started making small changes to not just be skinny fat, but FIT, and what you see now is the accumulation of a bunch of small changes over the past few years to take it to the next level.

So I guess, be realistic, make small changes you can live with, and allow room for error. And most importantly, KEEP IT SIMPLE! It's not easy, but simple. Please don't overcomplicate it like a lot of people do on here!!

I'm sending FR now :) you can do this!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • emilycielo
    Options
    I have a good 30 pounds to lose! I just can't believe I let myself become the person I am. The problem is I'm short, so any weight I gain shows. I am glad to have found this site and have people that can relate, and can work together with to acheive this. One thing I have noticed is when I take out carbs I lose weight pretty fast, but in return Im tired and struggle with day to day activities, and work. Anyway thanks for the add! Can't wait to share tips and learn from you and everybody.
    Also I had another friend request from someone and I hit accept, but then it said I declined it! So if you read this and that was you, please add me again, Or email your name and I will add you!! Thanks!
  • MrAllia
    MrAllia Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you fall, know that it's temporary. Regret bad choices, but don't dwell on them. I weigh myself everyday, and try to tweak my eating habits accordingly. Remember you are worth the effort so never give up and never surrender. Prayer. Surrounding myself with realistic people who are generally optimistic. Good luck sweetie!