ready at night dead in the morning.

Shannoncore
Shannoncore Posts: 135
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
i just cant seem to get motivated to work out. late at night i am really revved and ready to do it but in the morning i am just so burnt out already i just want to relax. anybody know why?

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I work out around 6pm every night, there's no reason you can't work out later. I could never get up early enough to work out, shower and get to work around 8:30, but I work out as soon as I walk in the door after work. I have a nice schedule going, and I find that I don't really have trouble sleeping from the energy I get from working out. Try whatever time you're in the workout mood and see how it goes. If it's 9pm, go for it.
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Maybe you are just more of a night person. Try doing your workout in the evening before dinner or an hour after dinner. I so can't get up any earlier to do my workout, so I do mine in the evening and I feel like I'm giving 100% each time.
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    I don't understand -- you are ready to work out at night? Why don't you just work out then? Seems like a simple problem to solve.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    You'll burn more calories working out at the time of day that you are the most alert and feel energetic. If that is evening for you there is no reason to force yourself to do it in the morning.
  • Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    yeah but tis like 1 or 2 in the morning that i find this giant urge. not a reasonable time to do it especially when i have to get up early to go to work
  • eddie_gue
    eddie_gue Posts: 2
    Work out whenever you feel you have the most energy! I never seem to have time to work out in the mornings so I do it at nights, jump in the shower, then off to bed! The next day always works out the same, after a while your body should be used to it.
  • leannadkins77
    leannadkins77 Posts: 14 Member
    i don't know if this is what you mean, but i feel really motivated at night to start fresh and workout hard the next morning, but when morning gets there the motivation is gone. and normally it is after i am in bed - too late to get up and exercise - it isn't really about having the energy at night to do it - it is more about being motivated and optimistic and then it is gone the next day.
    maybe it is because planning on a good workout doesn't actually take any work but when it is time to get the job done i am too lazy :(
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    yeah but tis like 1 or 2 in the morning that i find this giant urge. not a reasonable time to do it especially when i have to get up early to go to work
    You're awake at 1-2am and get up EARLY for work? How early is early? 6am, 7am? If so, it's no wonder your burnt out in the morning - you're not getting enough sleep!! You need at least 8 hours to function properly; 6 minimum. Any more than that and you're body will suffer. Go to bed earlier and after your body gets adjusted you may find you feel more energized in the morning.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Try getting up at 4:40am every morning and hitting the gym----because that's what I do. Like Nike says, Just Do It.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Try getting up at 4:40am every morning and hitting the gym----because that's what I do. Like Nike says, Just Do It.

I've been doing the same thing. Getting up at 5:30 for me is WAY early, but you gotta! I put my alarm clock on the other side of the room so it forces me to get my butt out of bed!
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.