Not so New

Options
I seem to have lost my motivation. I was on a roll and lost 44 lbs but for the past 2 months have hit a wall. I am looking for some new friends to help me stay motivated.
I don't want this to be like every other time I lost weight, lose some start feeling good then gain it all back plus some. I plan to get back to working out and eating right starting first thing in the morning. I will get to my goal weight this time and I will stay there.

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I'm with you
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I like your screen name - I hope that means you aren't a Notre Dame fan :tongue:

I'm on just about every day - I use the mirror to keep me motivated - I was in so much better shape when I was younger. It creeps up on you, so its good that you are working on it now - it gets much harder as you get older.
  • irishchick874
    Options
    I like your screen name - I hope that means you aren't a Notre Dame fan :tongue:

I'm on just about every day - I use the mirror to keep me motivated - I was in so much better shape when I was younger. It creeps up on you, so its good that you are working on it now - it gets much harder as you get older.

Yes the mirror really does help. I thinks its a big reason why I want to lose weight. I want to be healthy but I also want to be happy with what I see when I look in the mirror.
  • youngandbeautiful
    Options
    hey irishchick, i have just joined this website and so far it has helped me! I think it would be good to all motivate each other, its hard to find fitness pals but also very beneficial once you do!

So when you need motivation/encouragement and inspuration, Im here!, ps. my name is Mattia :)
  • irishchick874
    Options
    hey irishchick, i have just joined this website and so far it has helped me! I think it would be good to all motivate each other, its hard to find fitness pals but also very beneficial once you do!

So when you need motivation/encouragement and inspuration, Im here!, ps. my name is Mattia :)

• sarahbakerkipper
    Options
    I'm in the same boat girl! I had lost over 40 lbs. and have gained it back. I'm so mad at myself and need motivation.
  • irishchick874
    Options
    I'm in the same boat girl! I had lost over 40 lbs. and have gained it back. I'm so mad at myself and need motivation.

Yea I am the queen of yo yo dieting I am soooo not doing that this time I worked to damn hard to get it off but if I don't get back on track now I know I am just going to go back to my old ways:(
  • staying_hungry
    Options
    Hey Irish - It's good you recognize that you need to get on track before you fall too far. Accountability is a great motivator. So is changing your routine around when things get old or boring. I also suggest setting a goal, like running a 5k or planning a trip to the beach a few months from now.
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    So glad you have such motivation to start over and get the ball rolling again!! Usually when I get down, I get so defeated and upset. But you're an inspiration, so thank you for sharing.

If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to hit me up.

Friend request sent.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You got the right attitude. This IS a life long project....to maintain a healthy weight....no matter how much we want it to be otherwise. There will be lapses but the main thing is to get back on track before the pounds begin to add up and you are doing exactly that.

Every little step you take will make you feel stronger and more resolved. You go Woman!
  • irishchick874
    Options
    Thanks guys:smile:
  • tjphilhowerjr
    Options
    I want to get healthy for my family so I don't get winded playing catch with my son. I lost 150 pounds but gained 50 back. No I found this website and its given me new energy and focus. We are all in it together.