Options
Hi all, I am a newbie. Trying to do this whole thing on my own. It's hard. I'm not what you would call "heavy" but I would rather call myself "unhealthy". I used to run and stay in shape in high school, but that was 6 years ago. Since then I have graduated from my undergrad and just recently finished my second year of law school. I am hoping to use this summer to start progress to a new and healthy me.

Replies

• DUTaylor
    DUTaylor Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP ! I am on a weight loss journey as well. Not sure how many lbs you are trying to loose but I am trying to loose quite a bit, 2 kids worth! i am in week 3 and i am doing okay so far! Hopefully I can make this permanent!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to MFP! I am going on two weeks (come Monday). So far I have already lost 6 lbs and also lost 1 1/2 in off my hips. I am loving it. It really helps me with my accountability. Just remember to be honest with what you eat and log it all whether it is good or bad. I also suggest getting a food scale if you don't have one already. You can do anything you put your mind to.
  • Talullah
    Talullah Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie too!!

I read about MFP in a magazine and have just entered my first day info! I have never been big, but am trying lose a few pounds. I have tried eating healthy in the past but have a sluggish metabolism (runs in the family) and so a few pounds seems like a mountain! I am so pleased to be a part of MFP and chat to other girls trying to feel fit and in shape too! xxxx
  • runlawyergirlrun11
    Options
    Thanks for the messages and positive encouragement ladies! :) Always nice to meet others who are trying to do the same things!