First day doing tdee calorie count!

Options
And I loved it! So I set my calorie count for approx 80% of my tdee, which ended up to be 1900. Hoping that is right! And I'm not subtracting my calories burned from exercise because that is already accounted for. I feel like I can actually eat and am staying within my calories. If someone can verify I'm doing this correctly please let me know! I would hate to be doing things wrong. Thanks!

Replies

• Zoemarie89
    Options
    I can't tell you if you're doing it right as I'm literally about to calculate my own (I only heard about this about 10 mins ago! Derp! lol) Just wanted to wish you luck, I hope it works for you :)
  • lgedwards32
    lgedwards32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What is tdee calorie count. Not familiar with it.
  • kristaml86
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/624006-what-is-tdee-calculator
    Check out this link or others like it. They can explain it better! Good luck Zoe!
  • loranch
    loranch Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    And I loved it! So I set my calorie count for approx 80% of my tdee, which ended up to be 1900. Hoping that is right! And I'm not subtracting my calories burned from exercise because that is already accounted for. I feel like I can actually eat and am staying within my calories. If someone can verify I'm doing this correctly please let me know! I would hate to be doing things wrong. Thanks!

I started doing the same thing as you today and have the same question with no answer.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I started this week also. :happy:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Assuming you have your TDEE more or less correct - then yes you are. Just make sure to be really accurate with your logging and tweak after 4 weeks or so if you are not seeing the expected results. TDEE calculators are just estimates.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    yes that sounds right to me... if you accounted your workouts in your TDEE then you do not need to subtract... though on days you dont workout i would eat less then that.

What i did is I didnt include my workouts and i track them with an HRM and then eat back my workout calories, everyday i workout differently so i dont want to end up eating more then i should.
  • kristaml86
    Options
    My BMR is 1559,TDEE is 2416. 2416 x .80 is 1932. I accounted for moderate exercise. Would rather account for my exercise right away then try and eat back the calories. I rounded down to 1900 and will eat a little less on days I don't exercise. How long until I should expect results? I know they say around 6 weeks for the body to reset?
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I just started with this yesterday.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    My BMR is 1559,TDEE is 2416. 2416 x .80 is 1932. I accounted for moderate exercise. Would rather account for my exercise right away then try and eat back the calories. I rounded down to 1900 and will eat a little less on days I don't exercise. How long until I should expect results? I know they say around 6 weeks for the body to reset?

Have you upped your calories then?
  • kristaml86
    Options
    Yes I upped calories
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was given this link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

it explains everything you need to know when you are starting, including TDEE and BMR. It is crazy, I found out I have a BMR of more than 1300 cals.... and for a good while I ate 1200. I am now set at more than 1500 and still feel a little hungry at times especially if I exercise, but 2000 cals were def too many for me (I tried).
    I will find the balance on day. I hope you guys as well can play around with these calculations.... very useful.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Yes I upped calories

Give it at least 4 weeks for everything to settle down and stabilize. You may have some initial gains - mainly water and food weight. It is important to give it time though.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Yes I upped calories

Give it at least 4 weeks for everything to settle down and stabilize. You may have some initial gains - mainly water and food weight. It is important to give it time though.

Yeah, it took my body about 2 weeks or so to adjust to the calorie intake. But, it is working for me. And on top of that I just quit smoking, and losing weight is hard when you do that. But I am still losing...so it works :smile:
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i also upped my calories and i already lost 1.7 kg of fat and gained muslces