Houston, TX here!

Options
Hey everyone!

Liz here, from Houston TX! I am a 30 yr female who has always been heavy set. I have decided that I have to just get up and change because no one will for me. I am an Independent Scentsy Family Director for 2 years now and LOVE IT! With Scentsy it has made the impossible POSSIBLE! I have traveled more these past 2 years then I have my entire life. I have earned an all inclusive paid for trip for 2 to Costa Rica in May and I am needing that motivation to loose that weight! Because I travel so often with Scentsy I am SICK & TIRED of having to pay for TWO tickets when flying! I am DONE! I just came back from Cancun and it just really puts a huge dent into your self esteem when you board the flight and know people are staring at you going O-M-G please dont let her sit next to me! I have taken a leap of faith and I am ALL IN! I am committed to loosing weight! I started my new commitment at 307.8 lbs and here I am 2. 5 weeks later and I am down to 298. NO MORE 300s for me baby!! I would love to have new friends that want to encourage and be encouraged! I faithfully track everything I eat. I am a HUGE fan of Skinnytaste and I am constantly cooking a new or my fav recipe from her site. I keep my diary open because NO MORE do I have shame of what I eat because its all there on paper. Friend me if you like and I promise I will take this journey with you! It will be FUN! :-)

Replies

• suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz,

Conroe Tx here,,,,we are neighbors!! Im just finishing up my first week,,,,waiting to weight in, later today. Good job!!! I will have to check out Skinnytaste.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Hey Liz! Congrats on your weight loss and enthusiasm!! I grew up in Houston and live in Bryan now working for A&M. I also love skinnytaste and make a lot of her recipes too. We're at different places goal-wise; I'm maintaining and trying to tone up, but feel free to add me for motivation.
  • greenlizardfreak
    greenlizardfreak Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey neighbors! Sent add's your way! We could always use that extra support & motivation! Keep up the great work that you are doing & maintain your focus and ANYTHING will be possible!
  • MissMiley
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I'm also from Houston. I started using MFP last year but still have more to loose. This year my goal is not only to meet my weight goal, but also to begin working out and increase my muscle strength! I've never been a girl who enjoys exercising so its definately something I'm hoping to change! It would be great to do this with some local friends! Friend me if you'd like another weight loss buddy for support and motivation!

Welcome to all the newbies!! I know you'll find MFP a valuable tool!! :flowerforyou:

Cynde
  • soserene
    soserene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all -

Congrats on the losses so far! I'm in Houston too - we can do this!

Feel free to add me.

-Serena
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Humble here. However, I'll be moving to Plano next week so my 4+ year run as a Houstonian will be coming to an end.
  • mrshill2007
    mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz,
    Houston Texas here as well...
  • greenlizardfreak
    greenlizardfreak Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    welcome neighbors! :-) Lets take Houston by storm :-)