Chocolate Detox - Join me?

Who wants to join me?

I have been eating way too much chocolate, I have tried switching to dark and limiting but nothing seems to work but cold turkey.

I have emailed my colleagues and asked them to pull me up if they see me eating it and I will donate $10 to charity each time.

On day 2....

Replies

• I shall join because I'm am a chocolate addict too haha dark may be better but i can't stand the taste!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    yay!
  • Sara2184
    Sara2184 Posts: 183 Member
    Umm...do you have permission for using my modeling shot as your profile pic? ;)

I'm way too addicted to chocolate. Only way I can survive is having a piece every couple of days. If I go on detox, I'm afraid I'll relapse baaaad
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    I don't really miss it anymore. And I'm not inclined to eat chocolate knowing how energy dense it is and how hard I have to work to burn it off. Calorie counting is a great aid to keeping strong in the face of food cravings.

One thing that did work - before MFP - I stoped eating chocolate altogether and allowed myself one square of lindt 85%. Just the one piece cured my chocolate cravings for 24 hours.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Oh. I thought you meant detox by eating nothing BUT chocolate. Never mind.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member

Me too. I am disappoint.
  • I have stopped eating chocolate several times in the past-once for several years. It worked for me, but at this point I'm not obsessive over chocolate so I'm not going to eliminate it right now. I find that for me, when I don't eat chocolate for a couple of weeks, I don't want it anymore. I hope it works for you.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member

^^ This. You almost had another joiner there. Chocolate, chocolate milk, chocolate ice cream . . . Yea, I could do that for a day.

Chocolate actually has some positive nutritional attributes in addition to the taste. If you can figure out how to eat it in moderation, you'd be better off than cutting it out entirely.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member

Yup. Day ruined. I'm going back to bed.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Sorry. Can't join. Registered dark chocolate lover here!

Learn moderation and enjoy the foods you love. :smile:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    You have got to be kidding.

I was just complaining last night because I have no chocolate in the house, and I was going crazy.

Nothing wrong with a bit of chocolate everyday :)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Dark chocolate is an excellent source of iron. The darker, the better.

Although, I tried 99% cacao once. It wasn't delicious. Except in my coffee. Then it was.

I agree with Sunsnstheart, above. Don't give it up. Just change the way you enjoy it. Stay away from milk chocolate as much as you can and start enjoying the dark stuff.

Endangered Species 88% cacao
    Lindt, anything from 86% or 90%
    Scharfenburger makes a good one

There are at least 10 great brands for good dark chocolate in my podunk grocery story or at the World Market. And a little bit is very satisfying. Much more so than milk, IMO.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Best of luck to you. I will never give up chocolate. A piece of chocolate a day keeps the doctor away.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    I gave up chocolate Jan 1st..and while it was hard for a week I don't even think about it now..so, I'll join you!

Even harder than not eating chocolate for me, is not buying chocolate. We have a lindt outlet near my house, and I love to go there..even when I wasn't eating chocolate in the past, I'd try to think of people I could buy chocolate for. Lol - a co-worker called me yesterday to tell me that there was a groupon chocolate coupon (everyone knows how much I love it). When I was pregnant, I always said I'd be giving birth to a chocolate bunny (I was going to take a picture of me holding a chocolate bunny and send it to my friends when I had my son, but he came 3 weeks early and I ran out of time!). I'm a bit of a chocolate shopaholic..

So, to add to your challenge, my challenge will also be to not go into the lindt store in February (I didn't go in January either, so I'll take it month-by-month)..
  • chatnel
    bahaha chocolate bunny baby!

Unfortunately I can still smash a whole block of dark chocolate. I do not know this word moderation I have to remove temptation and go cold turkey.
  • chatnel
    boo only made it 4 days.

Will try again next week
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Maybe you could just do a square or two a day?? I have some chocolate nearly every day, and have continually lost weight, I try to make sure I save a few calories for this in the evening. Maybe it will keep you sane. I like the Lindt Sweet Dark, its dark but has some sweetness. Also, because its so dense, I find that just 2 squares satisfies the chocolate craving. It also has only 115 cal for 2 squares, so its a great treat :)