How do you measure a year? (with pics!)

Options
It's been just about a year since I started working with my personal trainer. I'm down 85 pounds, with a little under 20 more to go. I'm frustrated at a stalled scale, but looking back on old pictures helps me put all things into perspective. I'm healthier, stronger, faster, happier, and more confident. 2012 was all about focusing on numbers... I'm hoping to make 2013 more about fitness achievements as a whole.

Before: This picture was taken in November 2010 on my honeymoon. Probably around 210-215 here... not even my heaviest (which was 227)

febpicbefore_zpsf98c26d8.jpg

Current taken yesterday. 143 pounds. Showing off my awesome nautical iphone case!
febpic_zps10d55d7a.jpg

Keep Pushing Forward.

Replies

• Hkauf12208
    Hkauf12208 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • ssotogarcia
    Options
    Great job! You look very happy and fit! Thats last 20 will come in time! Keep pushing!!
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great and in record time. Inspiring!
  • calliebeth
    Options
    Great job, you look awesome, and I KNOW you feel great!
  • dkmsindependent
    dkmsindependent Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I see the muscle in your arms now.... looks great :)
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!! Awesome job!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Kudos:happy:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You have sexy arms :smile:
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Great work! What worked best for you?
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Congrats on your terrific accomplishment!! As others have said, you have beautiful shapely arms, love that look!!! Thank you for posting and sharing your pics.
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I HATE that you got that Rent song in my head now, but congrats on the great progress!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    You look great.. such a good job!
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats!
  • denisplpro
    Options
    Fantastic, good luck!!
  • Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud I only hope to be able to look back at the end of this year and have some great pics to show the fruit of my labors. Wait let me rephrase that I can't wait to show off my before and after pics this December :) Keep up the good work and try not to get hung up on the scale you look amazing.
  • Maustullio
    Options
    Well done !
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done. Such an achievement.
  • okeedokee5
    okeedokee5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great work! What worked best for you?

Thanks! I hired a personal trainer to help out with the strength training because I was a lost soul regarding anything to do with lifting heavy things up and putting them back down. I'm at the gym 5-6 days a week... two of those days being mainly strength training (which is why my arms look pretty toned). The other days I'll do some type of cardio... either running (which I used to DESPISE but now love) or spin class or the plain ol' elliptical machine.

I'm still figuring out the eating thing. Like every other new person on this site, I started with the 1200 calories and ate back most of my exercise calories. That's how I lost the bulk of my weight. Since I've stalled, I'm going in a new direction and using the "In Place of a Road Map" method that's talked about all over the forums here. I'm hoping the increase in calories will bust me through this 3 month plateau of hell I'm in.

Big advice is to stick with it and don't let discouragement throw you off track. I went from losing anywhere from 2-4 pounds a week during the summer to hovering around the same 2 pounds on the scale most of fall/all of winter. It's frustrating... but I know I can't give up and I'll figure it out and get there eventually. My motto is to keep moving forward... but even standing still is better than going backwards!

Good luck on your journey, and thanks for the add. ;)
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - what an inspiration - well done - hope your plateau ends soon and you can lose that last bit of weight
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Congrats on your progress!!! You look AMAZING!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!