not coming close to my daily calorie goal

Options
I have a daily calorie goal of 1200. I work out at daily and burn around 600-800 calories. I can not come close to eating the calories I need. Any suggestions??

Replies

• thefunnyfatone
    thefunnyfatone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you want to replace fat with muscle, you must eat protien. Try to go over on this one item. It provides lasting energy also. If you are doing the same routine every day, your muscles become very efficient and you may not actually be burning the calories you think you are. If that is the case, you probably are doing fine. If you have energy, you are probably doing fine too.

I eat snacks to fill in the calories I need to complete my allotment. I eat fruit usually. Also, vegetables don't count much on calories, but are good for you. If you need to fill out calories and have your protien, a baked potatoe will do wonders, just take it easy on toppings.
  • Aquaman74
    Options
    Avacadoes are your friend. Carbs/Protein/Fat and fiber. Very calorie dense. Eat one and there's 200-300 calories right there.
  • vitaminn
    vitaminn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can not come close to eating the calories I need. Any suggestions??

Shakes are good...throw some peanut butter in the mix and you'll be there quick!

I also have a bag of mixed nuts and one handful is nearly 200 cal. Couple handfuls and viola.
  • dizzimamma
    Options
    Nuts, nuts, nuts. I was in the same boat a posted about it. Several folks said to add about 4 oz lof nuts. Not alot of foosto stuff in a full tummy, good fats and high calories.
  • ctina197six
    ctina197six Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    ill do a protein shake before my work out like eas from Wal-Mart with skim milk 8oz is 256 calories all together. taste good and helps with my work out.. supposed to drink it an hr prior..
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Nuts, nuts, nuts. I was in the same boat a posted about it. Several folks said to add about 4 oz lof nuts. Not alot of foosto stuff in a full tummy, good fats and high calories.
    This - I do a small bag of weighed nuts and half a kiddie pack of raisins - 200 cals.