Slim fast... because who has the time to slim slowly?

Options
People who live in the UK might get the reference in the title ;) It's from a slimfast ad and always makes me laugh.

Anyway, I saw this patient today who has lost 20kg in a year and her Dr is telling her this is 'failing' at weight loss. Sure, she's got some more to lose but she has no pressing health problems and surely somebody who has lost 20kg should be congratulated!

Slow and steady wins the race :)

Replies

• emilymorene
    emilymorene Posts: 56
    Options
    Thats right! At least she is loosing! It is the change in lifestyle not just lowering calories to a crazy level to loose and then gain all of it back when you actually start eating again!
  • jienelle
    jienelle Posts: 29
    Options
    That's weird that the Dr. said the patient is "failing." Losing weight to fast is bad for a number of different reasons:
    1 - The skin doesn't have time to shrink and the person ends up having a lot of loose skin
    2 - A shock to the body like that is never good
    3 - The rebound effect - they may gain it back quick since the lifestyle change hasn't had time to sink in
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    People who live in the UK might get the reference in the title ;) It's from a slimfast ad and always makes me laugh.

Anyway, I saw this patient today who has lost 20kg in a year and her Dr is telling her this is 'failing' at weight loss. Sure, she's got some more to lose but she has no pressing health problems and surely somebody who has lost 20kg should be congratulated!

Slow and steady wins the race :)
    I've seen that commercial here in the US too. Always makes me giggle. Someone should tell them that fast isn't better.