Period cravings!

Options
Hey girls! :) I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to deal with cravings during that time of the month. I almost always mess up my diet when I'm on my period. How do you not eat everything in the house?

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Oh dont.... Im due Thursday and dreading it, I know I will want to eat loads of crap......!!!!

So hard when its that time - Stock up on healthy snacks now, Lots of fruit, low calorie healthy meals. Take chopped carrotts, raisins, nuts, etc to work

I know we crave sweets, biscuits etc

Dark chocolate is supposed to be ok

Good luck
    x
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i eat hamburgers or steaks the first chance I get because i think all the other cravings are to tell me i need iron. there are probably other ways to get this, but i like hamburgers and steaks.
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have some chocolate. Just a little bit.
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    tell me about it I have just finnished mine and I have put on a whole kilo I hate my periods
    the cravings are unbearable I hit all the pastries biscuits and chocolates and junk food awful time of month dont know how to control it
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    ermm I try the green tea or chamomile tea or pure peppermint tea (they taste nice so I don't munch on unhealthy stuff....plus lots of hot water I find helps with the cramps and is filling)

also I freeze fruit in mini containers in the freezer.....currently have containers of frozen grapes....kiwis.....blueberries etc and if I really need to munch grab one of those ! (good idea to freeze them in small serving pots so you don't have to thaw then freeze again!) .....black frozen grapes can be REALLY sweet which helps the cravings
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    i am on it right now - eating lots of veggies, fruits and lots of water ! i also chewing gum in between meals !

its helping !
  • Jodibbs
    Jodibbs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There is 10 calorie jelly in supermarkets that are super tasty and a little sweet if you need a bit of a kick. I always find that bananas help me when I'm on my period.. they keep me from picking and when I do I usually have nuts or frozen grapes.