What time do you eat breakfast?

Options
... And what do you have. I am loving porridge with half a banana at the moment, but as i work from home, 'breakfast' can vary between 8am and 11am. Should I be stricter?

Replies

• sanalupe
    sanalupe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i have it as soon as i wake up. That is how i got use to it.
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I eat the minute a wake up. Mainly because I'm hungry but also because it kick starts your metabolism and starts burning calories earlier.

I also have porridge most days, yummy!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I have mine at 6.30am, Soon as I am up, as I start work at 8am

Nice hot bowl of porridge first thing - Good way to start the day!!!!
  • Around 10-11am. I get up at 6am but am not hungry until then. If I force myself to eat breakfast I find I get hungrier throughout the day and go over my calories. I eat most of my calories after 3pm.
  • Flossie1981
    Flossie1981 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I normally have mine between 7am and 9am during the week and at the weekend tend to have brunch so it is usually later
  • retailmagpie
    retailmagpie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow, 6:30 is a little too early for me! haha. Porridge seems to be the breakfast of choice! Yum. Thanks guys - I will try to kick start my metabolism a little earlier though. Hope you all have a great day x
  • elvinprincess_9
    elvinprincess_9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I dont have a set tiem, i seem to graze on my fruit untill about half 11 whilst at my desk at work. Normally make a fruit salad, today its apple, grapes and strawberries. yum
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I eat at 7am weekdays and 8am weekends :D
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I work from home too, it's whenever I get up. Usually that's between 8 and 10 depending on what's happening that day. I don't think it matters much - when I have breakfast late I want lunch and dinner later too.
  • shella_bella
    Options
    Around 12pm-1pm lol. I'll eat anything from eggs to a chicken salad.

Don't worry about what time you eat. Just do what works for you.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    monday to friday i have it between 7am and 7:30am. it is usually some form or cereal, oatmeal or scrambled eggs etc.
    weekends it can be anytime from about 8am to 10am
  • NatWillBeSkinny
    NatWillBeSkinny Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i have minne soon as i wake up around 7.45 x
  • Cptrob
    Cptrob Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i eat chicken and some rice typically.(but i'll have whatever i want to switch things up)
    .. after about a 16 hour daily fast..

Don't drink the get your metabolism reved up Kool-Aid.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5:45 and have 2 glasses of water, then have one of the following...
    Baked beans on toast, scrambled tofu and veggies, homemade muesli with almond milk and some berries on top, oats with mix-ins, soy yoghurt with nuts and berries. Sometimes I'll just make myself a carrot and ginger juice and have nuts as a snack later.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i usually go to the gym early. so i will force myself to eat a banana and a meal replacement protein bar. on the days i am not at the gym, i wont force myself to eat if im not hungry. ill usually just have a small lunch and bank the calories for a great dinner. me and my fiance tend to eat out on the weekends.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I used to think so. Now I don't think it matters. Look at the work, Break Fast! You're breaking your fast.

So if you read traditional (last 50 years), than yes.

If you learn about Primal, Paleo, low carb & fasting (between 2.5 million 10,000 years ago).
    Some days I eat at 7-8am. Some days I kick off after 11am.
    I always eat after training, but then I'm pretty famished at that point ;)

Some sites to consider for reading material.
    www.marksdailyapple.com
    www.robbwolf.com
    http://www.leangains.com
    www.bodybyscience.net

Be an experiment of one, do what works for you! Try something for 6 weeks. Test it.
    What works for someone else may not work for you.

Most days I'll have something between 7am-9am, other days as late as 11am-12pm.
  • sugarxmexsweet
    Options
    When I wake up I'm never hungry so I either eat breakfast at half 10 or wait till lunch.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    about noon.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    It varies, sometimes between 6.30 and 7.30...sometimes at about 11.30...depends if I am at home, working, if it is the weekend, etc...can be meat, vegetables, fruit, eggs, cottage cheese...sometimes a protein shake if I am running late...
    Should I be stricter?

Not sure what this means...*shrug*
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 7am, eat and 7:30 and am out of the house at 7:50

I usually have 2 weetabix, a tea spoon of golden syrup with semi skimmed milk - this keeps me going until lunchtime.

The weekends are different - I'll eat at about 10am and have eggs :)