30 Day Shred

Options
Hey Everybody! :)
So, I'm kind of still new to this, I've been logging everyday since I started (about 19 days) And today I'm gonna start the 30 day Shred from Jillian Michaels, would any beginner exercisers wanna start this with me for this month :D Could definitely use someone to help motivate me in the process and I'd love to help motivate someone else as well :)

Replies

• kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the 30 Day Shred, its amazing!
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing Day 4 today, but I'm away this weekend and won't be able to do it so you'll basically be caught up with me by Monday if you wanna add me as a friend :-)
  • CountingonChrissy
    CountingonChrissy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that'd be great :D
  • Chadandbradsmummy
    Chadandbradsmummy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been logging in here for 20 (ish) days and I'll be on day 6 of the 30 Day Shred today too so we're in a similar place! It's not easy but I'm quite enjoying it (and I hate excercise).
  • CountingonChrissy
    Options
    I'm a little nervous about it, I loath exercising lol but we can do it together :D
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    Woot yeah! It's the motivation to keep doing it every day I struggle with so I'm glad to find others doing it at the same time. Did you take measurements?

Have you done the first workout yet?
  • CountingonChrissy
    Options
    No, I am sending my siblings off to school and then I am starting day 1 :) I should take measurements first though, thanks for that suggestion!
  • fitandhealthy42012
    Options
    I'll do it with you. :smile: Yes it's great doing it together it keeps you motivated. I've just started it again, I'm on day 2/Level 1. What really helped for me during the December 30 day shred thread "i did it" was posting each time we've completed our workout. I got to day 20/level 2 with no breaks until I pulled a muscle and had to stop. So I've decided to workout Mon-Fri and break at the weekend or if I'm feeling really enthusiastic one day break at the weekend, I'm going to see how I go. Looking forward to reading all your posts. :happy:
  • Pastelll
    Options
    I'm doing the ripped in 30 one :} but I can't find the exercise on here to log onto it
  • CountingonChrissy
    Options
    So many people to help motivate me! Thank you guys so much <3 I will definitely post every time I finish a workout :)
  • CountingonChrissy
    Options
    I did day 1 on the 30 day shred before, but stuff came up and never got further than that. It's considered circuit training so I calculated 20 minutes of circuit training and then made my own exercise and named it 30 day shred. I'm not sure if it's the same, but usually google has some answers :)
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the ripped in 30 one :} but I can't find the exercise on here to log onto it

Most people log it as circuit training :)
  • Pastelll
    Options
    okay thank you guys!
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    Phew that's Day 4 complete! Might up my weights a little after day 5.
  • Chadandbradsmummy
    Chadandbradsmummy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did the first few days without weights because I didn't have any. I have since got some and they make such a difference! I thought it was hard before, it's even worse now. It's a good kind of hard though and I think it helps that it's only 20 minutes too. I don't think I'll be upping my weights though!

I think I've been logging it wrong too then. I've been logging it as aerobics but circuit training says I've burned more calories....I think I'll log it as circuit training from now on!
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hey Lady, I'm also working my way through 30DS. I'm not doing them every day and after one day of Level 1 I went to Level 2 but I'm all for motivation and friends ^_^
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on deciding to start the 30 day shred! I did it last month and it was challenging but well worth it! There is a pretty active 30 day shred group on the message boards under groups. I used the daily check in there and it was a wonderful source of support. I recommend you check it out. I am now on my second week of Ripped in 30, but I think I liked the shred better.

Stay with it!
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 of Level 3 and I've gotta say I'm all Jillian'd out.

Her results of so fantastic that even though I've had enough it's kinda addictive, like if I don't do Jillian in some shape or form my toned body is gonna turn to jelly!
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new also (just made my profile like 5 mins ago). I'm starting 30 Day Shred today after seeing some before and after pictures on this site. I been doing cardio (30 min bike) every day and I'm going to continue doing that because I like it. Good luck to you, I can't wait to see how I look and feel next month on the 6th!
  • fitandhealthy42012
    Options
    How are you all doing? I've completed Day 4/Level 1 this morning. It's getting easier for me now as I'm getting use to the exercises. Keep going guys!!! We can do this, we'll make it to Day 30. :smile: