Tablespoon of raw honey (Question)

Options
How do you log in one teaspoon of honey from one tablespoon? What number do I log it as? Example: 0.1 servings of one tablespoon?

Replies

• LMick1986
    Options
    0.3 if my math is right. Three teaspoons in one tablespoon.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    3 tsp in a tbsp (5ml/15ml). However I would recommend weighing it as a tsp/tbsp is very innaccurate for things as dense as honey.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    There's an entry (honey- med) for honey by the teaspoon...
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'd log it as 0.5 tablespoon. a teaspoon is approx 7g and a tablespoon approx 15g depending on density of item etc etc). Always better to overestimate than under estimate i think
  • alishanc82
    Options
    .33 T
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's .33 of a Tablespoon.
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    How do you log in one teaspoon of honey from one tablespoon? What number do I log it as? Example: 0.1 servings of one tablespoon?

How do you stop at only one teaspoon of honey? That is my go to sweet when I must have it.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I weigh it and log it in grams. For example, I usually eat it stirred into a plain yoghurt:

I put the yoghurt on the scale in the container I'm going to eat it in, put the spoon I'm going to use for the honey on the scale too, then zero it. Then I get the honey and put it in the yoghurt, then weigh the yoghurt, spoon and honey together. Because I already zeroed the scale with just the yoghurt + container + spoon on it, the weight on the scale tells me how many grams of honey I just added. I log that in grams.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options

It's .33 servings of one tablespoon.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

One teaspoon is 1/3 of a tablespoon. So it would be .33. When I am not sure of a conversion, I ask Google. Google will give you the answer in a heartbeat, without having to wait for folks on here to respond.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    3 tsp in a tbsp (5ml/15ml). However I would recommend weighing it as a tsp/tbsp is very innaccurate for things as dense as honey.

I would think that weighing it would be more difficult than measuring. It's not that hard to measure honey. I do it all the time.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

One teaspoon is 1/3 of a tablespoon. So it would be .33. When I am not sure of a conversion, I ask Google. Google will give you the answer in a heartbeat, without having to wait for folks on here to respond.

I did that but nothing gave me an answer, believe it or not. lol
  • alexbusnello
    Options

How do you stop at only one teaspoon of honey? That is my go to sweet when I must have it.

It's only for a hint of sweetness. I used Stevia for the rest this morning to see how it was.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

orly?

https://www.google.com/search?q=1+teaspoon+to+tablespoon&oq=1+teaspoon+to+tablespoon&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3j62l2.6046&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
  • alexbusnello
    Options

orly?

https://www.google.com/search?q=1+teaspoon+to+tablespoon&oq=1+teaspoon+to+tablespoon&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3j62l2.6046&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

yes, really. lol
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Did you try posing it as a question?

"How many teaspoons are in a tablespoon?"

Then to convert to a decimal, just use a calculator and do 1 divided by 3.