Virtual Cycling

Options
Does anyone know of an app that will provide a visual of cycling through the trails and roads of a course. Just to make it more enjoyable ? High end Gym Cycles have these .

Replies

• Add76
    Add76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't know about an app, but I have in the past downloaded some YouTube videos to play on my Tablet
    I Just did a search for Virtual Cycling, and found quite a few decent videos. They worked well.
  • kijoneko
    kijoneko Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    There's a charity app called Trees for Cities. It's round Battersea Park (pretty flat) but it has settings for treadmill/bike/elliptical.

There's also Virtual Active: BitGym Edition which looks like it might be better.
  • Chris__D
    Chris__D Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try Kinomap Trainer for Apple devices. It has a regualr subscription charge rather than a one off cost. If you have a speed sensor that can link to your device you can track your progress against the rider in the video I think.

Also, there are a number of companies that sell videos of great cycle rides with a music track and/or motivational prompts. You can upload these to a smart phone or tablet and rest that on the exercise bike. If you want something pretty intense try Sufferfest (www.thesufferfest.com/ the name says it all) and they also have a page on their site that has a pretty objective review of other sources of training videos (http://www.thesufferfest.com/spinning-indoor-cycling-resources/).

Hope that helps.
  • ghbrooks
    ghbrooks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try the app called Virtual Active. It's high def. and very scenic.