Insanity - good results after 60 days?

Options
JAT74
JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
I am currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and still have a long way to go as I'm only just starting week 4 and it's 90 days but so far I'm feeling fitter, stronger and have managed to fit in extra workouts on top. I'm hoping to be in much better shape when I've finished and hopefully will be ready to start a new workout and Insanity looks like it's something I could do.

What appeals about it for me is that it's for 60 days as it will be mid April when I finish my current program and it gets pretty hot here from May so I think by mid-June when I finish Insanity I'll be ready for something not quite so intense.

I was wondering what kind of results people had with it though. I'm on track (hopefully) to lose around 1 lb per week between now and mid April when I'm ready to begin so if all goes to plan I'll be around 134 pounds and a bit lighter on my feet although I'm hoping to have lost body fat too (I'm now around 32%).

So those who've done it what did you achieve after 60 days and what kind of condition were you in at the beginning?

Replies

• JAT74
    Options
    Bump
  • JAT74
    Options
    Bump
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity on Sunday. I lost 19lb and many inches (didn't measure but can feel the difference). I hadn't exercised properly in years as I had really bad anaemia. My starting weight was 220lb and I was surprised that I managed it so easily, mind you the first week my calves killed me, the second week it was my arms, the third it was my knees, after that it was okay. The second month wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, just the same but longer.
  • JAT74
    Options
    Great, sounds good! I have a knee problem but it seems ok most of the time so will maybe have to strap it up.
  • doctadeb
    doctadeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was wondering when you started dropping the lbs at a more rapid rate. Or, was it consistent? I am finishing my third week and weigh the exact same as I did when I started. I've fluctuated up and down a bit but now back at my starting weight. I've heard that it takes a few weeks before some people actually lose weight.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Great, sounds good! I have a knee problem but it seems ok most of the time so will maybe have to strap it up.
    yeah, till you do insanity ;) i never had knee problems until i did insanity, i would work up to insanity, so after JM you can do for example tapout xt or les mills combat and than do insanity
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Insanity will most definitely be pretty hard on the knees. It's by far the highest impact exercise I've ever done. I agree with rotterdam - combat has similar intensity but less jumping - that might be a good second option!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about insanity - I'm a little bit of a beachbody junkie and more than happy to answer any questions about my experience haha
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    If you have knee problems, I wouldn't recommend Insanity unless you are willing to modify some of the moves or even substitute them. It's high impact.
  • wagneco17
    Options
    I did Insanity last April and lost a total of 15lbs. I gained 2-3lbs back since, but I'm okay with that because Insanity brought me to the low weight end for my height. I just started Insanity last week again - not necessarily to lose weight, but to tone up again. I swear by this program - I have had awesome results and so has my husband and a few friends of ours who stuck with it.

Also, I did gain some weight the first month and it was not until the 2nd month until I really started to see results.
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Oh! And if you're interested in seeing my results after my P90X/Insanity hybrid here they are: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/873475-p90x-and-insanity-toned-me-up
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was wondering when you started dropping the lbs at a more rapid rate. Or, was it consistent? I am finishing my third week and weigh the exact same as I did when I started. I've fluctuated up and down a bit but now back at my starting weight. I've heard that it takes a few weeks before some people actually lose weight.

I wasn't weighing myself regularly to begin with but I think I lost about 14lb after the first month, then it slowed down in the second month, losing 1-2lb a week. But I do have a lot of weight to lose.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I just finished the second week of month 2 yesterday and I haven't seen any significant movement in the scale however I don't have a lot to lose. I have lost some inches and since the second month is higher intensity than the first I suspect I will lose more in the up coming weeks.
  • jkhandrop09
    Options
    Im on day 4 and my legs are killing me from the in tense workout he has us do on the dvd. I felt like I couldn't even walk after the second day.It def lives u to its name insanity. The workouts are tough but it gets easier I hear :smile: