Device that you can your track heart rate, calories, etc

Options
I don't know what the device is called or which is the best for you money. Looking to spend around $50. But I would want one that you can wear on your wrist. But I don't know what they are called or where I could purchase one. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor? (HRM)? You'd be pretty lucky to get a quality one for $50, I think. I have a Suunto M4, which probably retails around $130 or so.

And, the ones that are just on your wrist on not too accurate. You'll want to get one with a chest strap.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor (HRM). If you put that in Search here you'll get about a 1,000 hits.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT4 on Amazon for about $60. Ditto to the above recommendation to get one with a chest strap. The ones you have to put your fingers on are pretty useless.
  • JMFresh
    JMFresh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4 heart rate monitor - it's great. Got if for about $70
  • skluemper
    skluemper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 as well. I got it at HHGregg for about $60. It has the chest strap and the watch that work together to track. So far I love it. Last night I put it on and my daugther and I danced to Youtube videos for 20 minutes and I was able to track 200 calories burned. :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    It hasn't come in yet, so I can't give it a review, but I can tell you I just ordered the Polar FT4 from sears.com for $44.99.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Yes, check amazon! There's a polar one that I want for $60 or so. I have one that was 100+ but is way too complex for me. I've heard the polar is perfect and simple.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! I hope that one is still on sale when we get our tax returns back. I can't buy one right now. :/
    It hasn't come in yet, so I can't give it a review, but I can tell you I just ordered the Polar FT4 from sears.com for $44.99.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Ok, I used it this evening (it came in today) when I did my day 2 week 2 C25K session. It was a piece of cake to set up, easy to use, and while I thought having a chest strap would be bothersome? I didn’t even notice it was on. According to the HRM, I did 32 minutes of workout and burned 246 calories (which is fairly close to what I normally log for 9 minutes of jogging 5mph and 21 minutes of brisk 4.0mph walking. REALLY love it!