Weight Loss Plateau

Options
Hi, hope you can all offer a little advice. I am currently 7lb away from my goal weight of 10 stone, but I seem to have reached a plateau. Can anyone offer advice of what I can do to shift this last 7lb. I am currently on 1270 calories and eating back any exercise calories earned.

Replies

• Hogscliffe
    Hogscliffe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Variety is the spice of life! change your routine, food, excercise, eat healthly fruit veg and protien. Always the last few pounds are hard :( Good luck:)
  • hattonrw
    hattonrw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat!
    I had no lofty weight loss goals... I'd be happy with 20lbs, but trying to lose 25. So far (logged in for 55 days) I am arounf 13-15 lost, depending on the day.
    I find the accountability for MFP is the reason, but recently I've been snacking to negate all the exercise!
    I think my biggest problem is that I don't really eat fruits and do NOT like vegetables/salads.
    Anyone have ideas of snack food that's won't kill the diet?
    I've been replacing eggs with Better n Eggs, eating tuna (in water), turkey, pork, etc... trying to UP the protein and DOWN the calories.. but the SNACKS! I find myself eating cookies, pretzels and chips, just because they are here (I work from home).
    Been trying to replace cookies with raw baby carrots, but I can eat a HUGE bag just sitting here working.
    The last 10lbs are always tough!
  • emmaroid1981
    emmaroid1981 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im thinking of doing more interval training and upping the time I do this
  • hattonrw
    hattonrw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Increasing exercise has worked well... I doubled what I had been doing, with one set in the morning and one towards evening. I would like to get the evening set closer to bed time so I don't snack afterwards.
    Honestly, the best solution I've found is to go to bed earlier. Can't snack if you're asleep!
    Of course, when the kids are doing homework until 11pm and I need to be up by 6am...

How is the increase in exercise working for you?
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I find limiting my carbs helps, but that's me. Change up your diet. Look at the eat more weigh less threads they may offer some suggestions. Good luck!