For all the "unsung heroes"

Options
For anyone that is going through the weight loss process, you know it's about more than just "eating less"

It's also about changing everything you do, from planning meals, to eating meals, to making time for the gym while also working full time, managing a family, a household and nurturing relationships with all the people in your life. It's about making sure you log everything you eat and planning for times when you know you will be splurging, like lunches or dinners and drinks out with friends. I really just want to give a shout out to all the people that are behind the scenes that are also going through these changes.

For me, it's my husband. He is a wonderful man, I'm very lucky. He is also a food pusher because he thinks it makes me happy and he would do almost anything to make me happy.

He has been amazingly patient with me during this process. Besides me changing my lifestyle, he's also had to change his pretty drastically and he's rolled with the punches like a pro.

Where I used to get donuts from the gas station or McDonald's drive thru for breakfast, and then fast food drive thru for lunch, each night after dinner I now plan my whole next day's meals. Planning sounds easy but in reality it's not; it's cooking and weighing and measuring and packaging and logging.

Everything takes me 10 times as long now.

My husband is there every step of the way. He has learned to use my food scale. He has learned to use my fancy blender. He chops my veggies and my fruit. He gets the ingredients together that he knows I will need for recipes. He weighs my lunch meat for sandwiches. He reads the food labels and helps me make good decisions at the store.

I appreciate all the support I have found on MFP (I have AMAZING friends!!) but it also helps to know that when I go home, I have a warrior pulling for me and who has been willing to do what it takes to keep me around a little longer. Much love to my husband Dave, xo Sam

Replies

• taskrzypczak
    taskrzypczak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice Post! Well said. He seems like an amazing partner.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Beautiful :)

I look forward to cooking now when you watch what you eat, it's exciting finding recipes to try. Before I would go straight for convenience food.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! It's wonderful to read a SO post with a positive message!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hear hear! Thank you!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! It's wonderful to read a SO post with a positive message!

this.this.this.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    So today we salute you Mr. HubbyFoodPusherTurnedAwesomeLifestyleChangeSupporterGuy