Dax Moy 30 Day Elimination Diet

Options
I have just finished ED with Dax Moy, and wanted to shout from the rooftops how amazing I feel.

For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a 30 day detox of non-processed and all-natural food and drink. At first you think you can't find anything to eat but it's all about taking the initiative, like you would with anything, and combining ingredients you can have to make amazing meals. My skin and my hair look great, I don't suffer from anxiety attacks in the mornings anymore, I don't bloat or have cravings when I'm on my period and I lost 4kgs in the 30 days (seeing as I only had 7kgs to lose, I think this is pretty darn good), some people who had more weight to lose lost 10kg in 30 days.

If you are struggling with that final weight loss, want to eat healthier or just want the health benefits that come along with it, I would definitely recommend it. You can even continue to count your calories if you don't want to lose track of that.

Feel free to add me if you want to know more about it or have done it yourself! Dax Moy runs loads of Facebook groups every year where you can join and the support is amazing!!

Replies

• travel_kat
    travel_kat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, do you know if this is FODMAP friendly?
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It is, yes :) The Elimination Diet is all about finding out what makes you feel good and listening to your body. There is no specific thing you must eat, you can eat whatever you want on it as long as it's not processed so it's suitable for vegans, vegetarians, diabetics, anyone with health issues, etc. You can eat as much (and a massive variety of) fruit, vegetables and meat. You can still eat eggs, olive oil and coconut flour, so you're able to bake things.

The best thing about this detox is that you are not hungry after you eat. The first few days, you drink a lot of water to get rid of all the toxins in your body, some people experience headaches, etc. at this point but it depends on how much rubbish you eat. If you have 3 meals at McDonald's a day, then yes, you will probably feel a bit sick. But because you are eating all-natural healthy food, your body gets everything it needs and therefore you don't have cravings and you don't feel hungry an hour after a meal like you do when you eat unhealthy foods.

There is also exercise that he gives you, (you can do this on your own but it's best to do it with the support of the others on the facebook groups he sets up) but it's usually 4 minutes intense fat-burning exercise for 4 times a day. I haven't done anything more than 20 minutes exercise max a day. You don't need to do the exercises either if you don't want, I didn't do any and I still lost 4kgs in the 30 days.
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hmm...sounds interesting...I've thought about doing a serious detox so many times but either didn't start...or started and didn't last past a few days...I will check this out though...thanks!
  • ABrooks0205
    ABrooks0205 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've read a little about the detox process, but the one answer I cannot find, is what happens afterward? After you detox and reintroduce the foods that were once banned, do you gain the weight back once you start eating those foods again?
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Great news nikig7! I hope you think about trying it!

angel mom - that's a very interesting question, basically you slowly reintroduce your food groups and then see what makes you feel bloated or sluggish, etc. to see if you are intolerant to something. Once you are aware of it, you can change or eat less of it. It's also supposed to be more about the health benefits than the weight loss (which is just a bonus) and to be completely honest, you tend not to go back to how you ate before because processed foods now taste gross. Coffee for example, tastes like chemicals to me, I can't touch the stuff whereas when I started DM, I was having about 3-4 cups a day. You also learn to make healthier choices, like I love bread, it's my favourite thing in the world, but now I prefer to make my own in the bread maker, or at the very least, buy freshly baked bread from the stores bakery, not sealed bread or bread in packets as they usually have preservatives in them.

Anymore questions, please feel free to ask xx
  • mnwaller12387
    Options
    For the past few weeks I've been transitioning to an elimination diet, but finally have gone 3 days completely on it. I'm also eliminating foods for a possible hypothyroid problem and FODMAPS (this one is particularly because I've recently discovered I am sensitive to garlic and onion, so I'm finding my options to be very limiting. I read on one elimination diet blog that using lemons and limes to cook is ok, even though citrus is not allowed. I'm a bit leery of this recommendation, but I am wondering about lemon rind. I am desperate for a bit of light flavoring (seasonings have just made some of my dishes too heavy). Any advice on this topic would be great.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    This is the guy who tells women that their high heels negatively affect their fertility.

Um... no.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!