Fruit.....Oh how I love, love, fruit......!!!!

Options
2013sk
2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
She says..... After just eating her mixed fruit salad at her desk

How many portions of fruit are you having a day? What sort of fruits? Are they citrus ones?

Bothered about the sugars in them.............or not???

S x

Replies

• strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    1 apple daily. That's it. I know some people that have and can have more though.

Sugar is sugar. So yeah, it bothers me if I am eating 20 apples. Otherwise, I think it's fine.

I try to avoid them because they are simple sugars and they will get me VERY hungry after only 20 mins.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Fellow nature's candy lover! Most days I'll have a banana and a cup of berries or an orange. Sometimes an apple too. So 2-3 pieces of fruit a day. I don't care about the sugar at all. I need the carbs to power me through my days and I count on the fiber to keep a happy belly.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I love fruit. Lately I've just been eating a banana and apple every day, because most things are out season and taste like crap. Ohh, but cherries are in season and I've been cramming those in, too expensive for every day though.

In the summer I go crazy for berries and melons and pineapple....pretty much everything.

I don't give the sugar in fruit a second thought.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    1 apple daily. That's it. I know some people that have and can have more though.

Sugar is sugar. So yeah, it bothers me if I am eating 20 apples. Otherwise, I think it's fine.

I try to avoid them because they are simple sugars and they will get me VERY hungry after only 20 mins.

1 apple..........???? WOW!!!!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2 fruits a day usually avocado and whatever else is in season.
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple every single day. Sometimes a banana too. Oh, and berries at breakfast many times. Then at lunch there's the tomato and avocado. Haha. As you can tell, I don't have a problem with the natural sugars. =)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    A BIG banana and a large apple daily for me.

Work provides for free, it would be rude not to ;)

Sugar? Meh, doesn't seem to induce any cravings in me so it's all good.

I hit the protein in the evening, working fine for me right now ...
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I usually have some kind of berry (blueberry, raspberry, strawberry) on my yogurt in the morning. I may also have it for a snack after dinner if I have the calories. I put about 1/3 cup on it. I am not bothered by the sugars in them. Love my fruit.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I just got a list of what to do from my personal trainer, I can have an apple or orange as long as I pair it up with one of the proteins from the allowed list and I should add a good fat as well. I used to have a banana or pear, totally my favorites. But alas, not on the half page list of things i can eat. :sad: Oh wells, I want this so I am willing to sacrifice.
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    Oh I love fruit too :D Today I've already had nectarine, strawberries, banana and blueberries - gonna try and ensnare myself a cheeky pear and some mango for later ^_^
  • Elbeckistan
    Elbeckistan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh how I LOVE fruit! I eat at least an apple, an orange, and a banana everyday! I was a little concerned at first about all the sugar, but I have been fine. Still losing weight at a steady pace, and not having any health issues. Better than eating processed sugars!