Coffee for coffee's sake? Or for the creamer?

Options

Replies

• xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I need coffee each morning or I get withdrawal symptoms. (shaky hands, really tired, headache, light hurts eyes)
    its kinda brutal.

but apart from that I can easily go without coffee at other times in the day (which I have done, cut down from 3 a day to just 1 in the morning)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It is definitely an American thing to load up coffee with tons of cream and sugar, some to the point where it tastes like melted coffee ice cream. That's just an excuse to ingest a crap ton of cream and sugar, the coffee is an afterthought! I use a splash of milk and one teaspoon of sugar in my coffee but want to cut that down. I can do black coffee but giving up that last little bit of sugar has been hard!
  • d0llfacex0
    Options
    I have to have it! Only in the mornings, rarely do I have a second cup. I use sugar free creamer.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I usually drink between 16-32oz of coffee a day. But I have finally managed to start drinking it black. I used to have cream and sugar but slowly got off that. I love black coffee now!! Although I made a horrible brew this weekend so I threw a little skim milk and sugar and I forgot how good it makes it!!!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Coffee is brown nectar of the gods to me. I can live without creamer. Heck, if it's even made right I love it black, tho most of the time I use some stevia to sweeten it up a little bit.

If I don't get at least one cup in the morning, I'm a bear. I have cut down a LOT, tho, especially since I started doing some of my workouts first thing in the morning. I would rather have a big ol' glass of water straight out of the gate prior to working out, but after? It's on! LOL...
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Have to have the coffee.. no question about it... The caffeine doesn't even effect me really... I just love the taste of it.. crave it

I drink it black.

The only concession I've made is that instead of drinking it all day long, I try to limit myself to only 3 cups per day

:)
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    It's all in the beans (and the grind)!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I NEED my coffee but I need my creamer with it. I have cut down a lot on the amount of creamer I use though.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this sounds stupid but I have never heard of creamer. I don't know anyone who uses cream in coffee either.

Like most people here I just have small amount of milk in it. I don't use sugar or sweeteners myself but many people do.

I am in Australia
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Caribou Blend k-Cup with Caramel Machiatto Creamer and Stevia in the raw. 2 to 3 cups every day.
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    One cup in the AM for me. I love creamer but if I am all out, I will drink it black. I need a small caffeine jolt in mornings!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I started drinking it black, and kept it going.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Coffee boosts my potassium. I have about four cups everyday with a little milk to cool it down which logs over 500 mgs. of potassium. Yay for coffee!
  • emdf7a
    emdf7a Posts: 36
    Options
    Need it Need it Need it! Love coffee!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It's all about the cream (aka almond milk!!!)
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    I usually use 1/2 & 1/2 but if I am out, I will use skim milk, almond milk....heck, I may even resort to using formula! I kid, I kid....but I really love my coffee. I would probably drink it black if nothing else was in the house.
  • uqdinvu
    Options
    My coffee is like my man, strong, sweet, and hot ;)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I am not human without coffee-I drink a lot, all day long. I don't have trouble drinking it if we are out of creamer-and I (as well as those around me) are substantially happier if I keep my coffee intake at appropriate levels (meaning lots).
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm in it for the creamer. I absolutely love the smell of black coffee but can't get past the bitter taste. If I have flavored creamer, I don't need sugar, but if it's just milk or half and half I need me some sugar in there, too. I have been using less though, trying to slowly get myself drinking something closer to black coffee. I only have about a cup a day, though, so that will take a while. :tongue:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    love coffee, bot no creamer.