how many days a week do you workout?

Options
I aim for 5-6 days at week. Everyday, I do something different from the Les Mills COMBAT Ultimate Warrior program. Today is s/b my rest day.

I was thinking about doing just some good stretching or yoga.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i work out 7 days a week no matter what, i aim to do different things daily tho!
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to workout 5 days a week. On my 'off' days I still do something like walk my dogs a little longer than normal or take on extra projects around the house so I'm not really taking it 'off'.

I think that streteching and/or yoga for an 'off' day is good as long as you aren't taxing your muscles as you normally do.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    i try to go for 6 leaving sunday as my rest day.
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I do 5-6 days a week. Heavy *kitten* weights in the morning, then about 30 mins of cardio at night. Friday just weights in the am, and hockey at night. Saturday, around 30 -45 minutes cardio and a medium pace, and Sunday......Nuthin'!
  • ShaunShaunphenomenon
    Options
    The amount of time I spend at the gym is a total of 5 days a week. I take a few rest days and honestly it's resting, I don't do much of anything, Sunday I do nothing. I clean on Saturday, perhaps chase my nephew around so that keeps me busy for another day, but Sunday I try to do nothing, I go hiking sometimes on trails around the local area's on Saturday or Sunday.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    5-6 days. 3 days strength & cardio, 2 or 3 days cardio only.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week. Sometimes I'm just not able to on Sundays because my gym doesn't have child care on Sundays, but if it's nice out I'll still try to get her to walk with me. :-)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I aim for 6 days a week - 3 days lifting, 3 running, on alternate days, but if I need an extra day off, I'll take it.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    5-6
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    5 - 6 days a week.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I aim for 5-6 days at week. Everyday, I do something different from the Les Mills COMBAT Ultimate Warrior program. Today is s/b my rest day.

I was thinking about doing just some good stretching or yoga.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Even on rest days, I'm at least doing a good, long stretch routine like X-Stretch, or yoga. But do whatever you feel like doing - within reason, of course.

Here lately, I'm in the gym 5 days a week, with the other 2 at home JUST lifting. When I go to the gym, I can't keep myself out of the cardio area/classes because I'm effing addicted to them.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I used to work out 6 days a week, pretty much all long distance running.

Since Mono I've experienced a lot of health issues.

Now I'm lucky if I have a week where I can get my minimum of three weight training sessions in.

My focus is off cardio for the time being but ideally I'd do 3 days of weights and 2 days of short distance running but currently my health doesn't seem to permit that =(

Be thankful for your health people and listen to your body. I didn't and pushed too hard (ran 11.5 miles the morning before being diagnosed with Mono despite how I felt) I am now suffering the consequences.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    7 days - but not all the same. Weekdays I do a 20 min workout before breakfast, 15 min walk to work, 20-25 min walk at lunchtime (weather permitting), 25 min walk home and 20 min workout/dance before dinner. Weekends I try to do my 20 mins before breakfast then either I'll be walking slowly but for a long time (if we're out as a family) or try to do 45 mins+ walk with hubby.

I'm taking a rest day today becuase I'm feeling a bit run down (but still 2 x 15 mins walking to and from work) but I did a 25 min walk yesterday luncthime (up some steep hills) and both workouts were quite "thigh-focussed" so I really ached last night!
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week, one of those days is a Yoga / stretch day... but if on day 7 I need to stretch... I do it too. :)
  • MarthasVineyard
    MarthasVineyard Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I try to do something every day. I usually get to the gym 3-4 mornings a week. When I don't get to the gym, I do 30-60 minutes of Yoga at home. There are some great Yoga work outs available from my cable provider via On Demand. I try to walk every day at work for an hour 5 days a week. Yoga is a REAL work out.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    6 God took a day off, so do I.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I like to do something 6 days a week and have a rest day. I still try to walk on the 7th day.
  • ghdsmais
    ghdsmais Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    everyday. I have a hard time not going.Very addicting!!!
  • DChabibi
    DChabibi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump