Misfit Wearables Shine

Options
Anyone seen this?

http://gizmodo.com/5960507/watch-out-fitbit-here-comes-the-activity+tracking-shine

I preordered one. Hope it's not crap. At least it's pretty.

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Too bad it won't be shipped by Christmas!
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    really? no other comments on this?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    Yeah, I reread and realized they don't plan on being compatible with Android. Destined to fail.
  • gohorns79
    Options
    Looks like it will support Android:

Compatibility: Any device running iOS5+; Android 4.0+ devices as we launch
  • gohorns79
    Options
    Will myfitnesspal sync with it? That's the most important question.
  • NicholasCutler
    Options
    aaaaa i can't wait! i was between this and the jawbone up, but i chose this because i like the form factor and simplicity - as well as the open API. possibly lots of connections between fitness apps due to that open API.
  • crysfit7
    Options
    I'll wait to see if it will sync with MFP. I still really like my fitbit.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    Looks like it will support Android:

Compatibility: Any device running iOS5+; Android 4.0+ devices as we launch

Jawbone UP has been making this claim for 2 years and still no support.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Just received an update, shipping soon!!!
  • AmazingSpanoMan
    AmazingSpanoMan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any idea about compatibility with MFP? I have a fitbit but I can't go anywhere near water with it let alone go swimming. This misfit looks like it could be a solution.
  • nexxyz
    nexxyz Posts: 1
    Options
    Ordered one as well to replace my Fuelband because I swim a lot...hoping it will sync with MFP at some point in the near future, too :-)
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I followed the link to their site and started reading thru some of the user reviews, I recommend anyone considering this do the same. Don't just rely on what the people trying to sell it to you think. I think they still have a lot of work to do. Hopefully it will get better because I love the look and idea of it.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/misfit-shine-an-elegant-wireless-activity-tracker?c=comments

Edited to add link for you :)
  • orlickg
    orlickg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great device with great battery life. It is still a work in progress if they would add support for myfitnesspal I would stop using my Fitbit Flex. I also have a Nike Fuel Band and the accuracy is close on all the devices. Shine is way more comfortable. The Flex I have go charge every 4 days and the Fuel Band just does not have as many options as the other devices.