Oat So Simple porridge...

Options
So I bought that today but I'm not sure what I can mix with it. Any ideas? :)

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like! I make mine with almond milk as I prefer the taste.

As for toppings, I mix and match these depending on what I feel like:

just plain sweetener
    honey
    bananas
    nuts
    blueberries
    chocolate drops
    peanut butter,
  • Pastelll
    Options
    Ooh okay thanks! If I mix it with peanut butter, do I mix it with the porridge first before I put it in the microwave so it melts a bit?
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon is nice. I make porridge with just skimmed milk and sometimes have a banana sliced on top and a bit of dark brown sugar.

Isn't Oats So Simple just porridge oats in packets? Much much cheaper to buy a "normal" bag/box of oats and weigh them yourself (I digress..)
  • JuliaS90
    JuliaS90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fresh berries and a little maple syrup!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Ooh okay thanks! If I mix it with peanut butter, do I mix it with the porridge first before I put it in the microwave so it melts a bit?

I normally add it after and stir it in, but I should imagine either way is fine.
  • Pastelll
    Options
    Isn't Oats So Simple just porridge oats in packets? Much much cheaper to buy a "normal" bag/box of oats and weigh them yourself (I digress..)

Yes that's the one I got... I shall look for that next time :)

can't wait to try it tomorrow!
  • c_burneau
    Options
    I make a half a cup of oatmeal and about 1 cup of mixed fruit whatever I had in the house mostly a quarter of apple a few blueberries, blackberries strawberry's and a quarter of a pear with 1 package of sweetener and cinnamon and filled me up.
  • c_burneau
    Options
    I just Buy the quicker oats in a bag and I make it myself, I find it more filling than the packs.