Stopped smoking but now in a DARK place :'(

Options
Last year- I got to my goal weight for my birthday and felt terrific - that was my first aim.
My second aim was to quit smoking.
I quit on 18th October 2012 - totally stopped, not a single puff since
BUT
I have gained a whapping 3stone and 11lbs and I feel absolutely miserable.
I have been avoiding the scales, and month by month - the clothes got tighter, and now, I am fatter than I have been EVER
Just feel so miserable..
Everyone says "oh dont beat yourself up - well done for stopping smoking blah blah blah"
Me - I feel - well - which is worse?????
So here I am - back ona food diary today
But right now,...feel so bloody miserable and feel I am SO low and how the hell will I lose all that again?
Sorry - just venting..
Anyone else gain after quitting smoking but lost it again?
Any positive stories for me?
Guess this is day one huh?(again!)
BIG Blondie (albeit a non smoking one!)

Replies

• kellyh2
    Options
    Hi, I quit smoking just over a month ago and just by loggin my calories and planning meals ahead has helped me....you need to try and find a replancement. If you fancy something sweet swap it for something that is sweet but lower in calorie....Happy for you to add me if you would like any extra support. I have managed to get my weight down slightly but still at the begginning of my journey too :-)
  • kirstyg1980
    Options
    I stopped smoking nearly 2 years ago while I was exercising and trying to watch what I eat, I would say I more or less maintained

6 months after I stopped is when I got serious about my eating and have lost weight

you just need to go back to eating healthy and good portion sizes and some exercise and you'll get there

And as well as looking good - you'll smell good too!!!!!!!!!
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks - feeling slightly more positive now. I feel quite motivated now that I have "a plan". And yes, I do smell much nicer lol!! I cannot stand the smell of smoke now - Day five now - and already feeling a bit fitter - think I feel better that I have just "got a grip" and have a plan now. Thanks all!
  • hedgehogia
    hedgehogia Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It is the number one thing you can do to improve your health, giving you an average of 10 years more life! You should be proud. You now have a lot more money for the gym and workout clothes too. :)