Corsets

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting to do real corset training or tight lacing?

corset+tight+lace+3.jpg

This requires a steel boned corset, 18 hours on 6 hours off for months at a time. It does move your internal organs, compress your ribs and lungs. It's hard to eat because you feel full, faint, and weak. (Very feminine!)

Or a fashion corset?
    royal-blue-satin-800x800.jpeg

Because one takes a lot of time, being uncomfortable, and one lets you look slimmer till you lose the weight on your own.

Kep in mind when you take it off, you'll still look like the normal you. ;)

Aka you have to wear it to look really defined!
    Spencer_corset_1941_before_after.jpg
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You can also get a smaller waistline if you remove the bottom two ribs. Or ingest a tapeworm. Great Victorian techniques as well.
  • shelbystatic
    shelbystatic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If I have a slim fitting shirt or dress I will sometimes just wear a waist sincher from Wal-mart or similar. Like the kind that has many tiny hooks in the front. You can still bend and move.

Wal-mart also has some slimming tank tops that look like under shirts; they take really take off inches but they smooth out the belly (i have cellulite).

I wouldn't recommend the kymora body shaper; mine didn't look good after about 10 mins of wear. It created and extra roll and my boyfriend had to help me get unstuck from it.

And there is always the cheap diy route: really tight saran wrap, it will slim you and cause your belly to sweat so you will lose water weigh in your middle.

Hope this is helpful. :)
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I thought corsets went out of style along with girdles & longline bras.
    I'd rather exercise to tone up than wear one of those body restricting contraptions.
  • shelbystatic
    shelbystatic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If I have a slim fitting shirt or dress I will sometimes just wear a waist sincher from Wal-mart or similar. Like the kind that has many tiny hooks in the front. You can still bend and move.

Wal-mart also has some slimming tank tops that look like under shirts; they take really take off inches but they smooth out the belly (i have cellulite).

I wouldn't recommend the kymora body shaper; mine didn't look good after about 10 mins of wear. It created and extra roll and my boyfriend had to help me get unstuck from it.

And there is always the cheap diy route: really tight saran wrap, it will slim you and cause your belly to sweat so you will lose water weigh in your middle.

Hope this is helpful. :)

that was supposed to say "don't really take off inches" about the tank tops. oops!
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love my corsets (not for waist-training, but for fashion/period costume). I find them incredibly comfortable to wear.

The overbust metal-boned corsets are not for wearing under clothing. They are designed to be shown off these days.

The underbust "cincher" type metal-boned corsets can be worn under or over clothing relatively easily. I wore mine every day for about 6 months a couple of years ago. It does make your stomach flatter but it can be tricky to sit in until you get used to it. Perfect for standing at parties and the like. I got used to wearing it and was able to wear it to work without issue. It took off at least an inch or two off my waist measurements while I was wearing it and I went back to my normal size/shape the moment I took it off. But I got to wear the most feminine clothing and I loved it.

It doesn't help you with your core muscles at all. In fact it made mine even more lazy as the corset did all the supporting/holding me upright for me.
  • adwilkins0521
    adwilkins0521 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd say get some Spanx.

Much smoother looking if you're planning to wear it under clothing ... But not very sexy looking.
    I can see the point in what everyone is saying and I did look at spanx but after a long day in spanx if I came home and took off my clothes my hubby would laugh me out of the bedroom. LOL Guess I just need to research more options.

Oh and if a girdle creates more cleavage I definitely can't go that route. I'm already a DD! Lol
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Cathie Jung, woman with the smallest waist achieved it with "corseting".

Her husband is an orthopedic surgeon. I can't believe he allowed his wife to take it this far. Then again, maybe she is his Frankenstein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrx3jgqJy1E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXRrkV1nVh8

Wow, look how poochy her belly is under the corset.
  • adwilkins0521
    Options
    Are you wanting to do real corset training or tight lacing?

corset+tight+lace+3.jpg

This requires a steel boned corset, 18 hours on 6 hours off for months at a time. It does move your internal organs, compress your ribs and lungs. It's hard to eat because you feel full, faint, and weak. (Very feminine!)

Or a fashion corset?
    royal-blue-satin-800x800.jpeg

Because one takes a lot of time, being uncomfortable, and one lets you look slimmer till you lose the weight on your own.

Kep in mind when you take it off, you'll still look like the normal you. ;)

Aka you have to wear it to look really defined!
    Spencer_corset_1941_before_after.jpg

I just want something to smooth my tummy out under tight fitting shirts until I can lose the fat and tighten it up. Not really into the pain of tight lacing.
  • adwilkins0521
    Options
    I want to say "thanks" to those of you that left helpful comments and didn't judge or try to be a smart *kitten*. :smile:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'd say get some Spanx.

Much smoother looking if you're planning to wear it under clothing ... But not very sexy looking.
    I can see the point in what everyone is saying and I did look at spanx but after a long day in spanx if I came home and took off my clothes my hubby would laugh me out of the bedroom. LOL Guess I just need to research more options.

Oh and if a girdle creates more cleavage I definitely can't go that route. I'm already a DD! Lol

My husband thought it was hilarious trying to peel me out of Spanx after our friend's wedding :)

If you're going to wear something every day, just make sure it's comfy enough. I'd get cranky if I couldn't breathe!

I should get a girdle though ...
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Agreed, shapewear for the purpose you want!
    Corsets are sexy but not smooth under clothing, as has been mentioned.
    But they can look GREAT for going out worn OVER a snug shirt or dress - and they definitely make you sit up straight!
    Ebay has some very inexpensive ones, but they are not for long-term wear, just for playing :smile:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I only wear them for performances and costuming. They aren't particularly comfortable, and they can be difficult to get in and out of without help. You'd be much better off investing in some nice Spanx than a corset, tbh, if what you are actually looking for is to look better/smoother in clothing.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I love corsettes and think they are lovely, but for the look you're trying to achieve, no. Plus, as someone else mentioned, they do weaken the core.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Corsets are hot. End of!

As for what you heard? :laugh: