I'm halfway! 66 pounds gone (pics included)

maegmez
maegmez Posts: 341 Member
I started this journey at the end of July 2012. I started talking to my church friends who had been eating healthy and losing weight and invited me to try MFP. So I did, and it was the best thing I ever did!

I've lost my weight by eating healthy. If I want a sweet I find a way to make it healthy and if there is no healthy alternative I won't eat it. I find there are so many healthy treats out there I'm not missing out at all! My biggest problems were night time snacking and huge portions. I had to eliminate those cold turkey and no longer crave an evening snack,

I work out 4-6 days a week. I found that I love running and love getting outdoors to exercise but when I can't get out, I get on the cross trainer, treadmill, or kinect. I always say, find an activity you love to do so that you'll do that activity on a regular basis.

My stats:

SW 258.8
CW 192.8
GW 130 but may change to 125

Height 5' 4.5"

Apple shape

Hips at start 60"
Hips now 46"

Waist at start 50"
Waist now 40

Bust at start 52"
Bust now 43"

I have a new respect for food and love experimenting to see how healthy I can make my meals. I have young children and I'm very careful about keeping refined sugar amounts extremely low. I make them healthy "junk" although it's not really junk and they love it. We rarely eat fast food and try and have recently eliminated aspartame from our foods and drinks. Seems to be alot of negative press about it but it is a chemical. I'm more than happy to help anyone who needs help, just ask. I find this so easy to follow and am so happy.

Here are a few pics. I was never really in pics because I didn't like what I saw, I'm changing that....not just because I'm losing weight but because I want my children to have pictures to remember our time together.

My highest weight at 258.8
b832d622a97fd30b0e21c39a1940bd46.jpg

Hopefully this one is ok, this is Wembley Stadium for National Day of Prayer, weight about 239
7f051727b13225098e5cbce6816e4fcc.jpg

I love this top and bought for my goal weight but have taken a few pics for progress. Weight here was about 215. I'm a mess but just finished running, lol
ccb42997d90e4d170beb5cf17803db33.jpg

Goal shirt progression 2: weight 192.8
483b82277fb2c9764335cd72b64ef7a6.jpg

I'm not at the right weight to wear this outfit but I bought this size 12 J Jill skirt off a $1 rack at a resale store and the top is just a medium but I thought I'm going to wear this at some point and if not then I would make a dress out of it for my little girl. It's obviously a large size 12 but it's a 12! Another 10 pounds and it will fit great!
adc1ac1997702aeee9368cea41aa0883.jpg

And these are a size 24UK so maybe a 22US? I was so upset I had to buy these for our summer holiday and they were so super tight. I wore them to bible week the last week of July. We are going again this year and I'm hoping to be 100 pounds less than last year. I'm holding on to them to take another pic the same week and then another when I reach my goal weight.
3b2d0eeb4645ed3c1194c57480cf88e4.jpg

ccb34df222513046b945eba7d467f70f.jpg

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    I started this journey at the end of July 2012. I started talking to my church friends who had been eating healthy and losing weight and invited me to try MFP. So I did, and it was the best thing I ever did!

I've lost my weight by eating healthy. If I want a sweet I find a way to make it healthy and if there is no healthy alternative I won't eat it. I find there are so many healthy treats out there I'm not missing out at all! My biggest problems were night time snacking and huge portions. I had to eliminate those cold turkey and no longer crave an evening snack,

I work out 4-6 days a week. I found that I love running and love getting outdoors to exercise but when I can't get out, I get on the cross trainer, treadmill, or kinect. I always say, find an activity you love to do so that you'll do that activity on a regular basis.

My stats:

SW 258.8
    CW 192.8
    GW 130 but may change to 125

Height 5' 4.5"

Apple shape

Hips at start 60"
    Hips now 46"

Waist at start 50"
    Waist now 40

Bust at start 52"
    Bust now 43"

I have a new respect for food and love experimenting to see how healthy I can make my meals. I have young children and I'm very careful about keeping refined sugar amounts extremely low. I make them healthy "junk" although it's not really junk and they love it. We rarely eat fast food and try and have recently eliminated aspartame from our foods and drinks. Seems to be alot of negative press about it but it is a chemical. I'm more than happy to help anyone who needs help, just ask. I find this so easy to follow and am so happy.

Here are a few pics. I was never really in pics because I didn't like what I saw, I'm changing that....not just because I'm losing weight but because I want my children to have pictures to remember our time together.

My highest weight at 258.8
    b832d622a97fd30b0e21c39a1940bd46.jpg

Hopefully this one is ok, this is Wembley Stadium for National Day of Prayer, weight about 239
    7f051727b13225098e5cbce6816e4fcc.jpg

I love this top and bought for my goal weight but have taken a few pics for progress. Weight here was about 215. I'm a mess but just finished running, lol
    ccb42997d90e4d170beb5cf17803db33.jpg

Goal shirt progression 2: weight 192.8
    483b82277fb2c9764335cd72b64ef7a6.jpg

I'm not at the right weight to wear this outfit but I bought this size 12 J Jill skirt off a $1 rack at a resale store and the top is just a medium but I thought I'm going to wear this at some point and if not then I would make a dress out of it for my little girl. It's obviously a large size 12 but it's a 12! Another 10 pounds and it will fit great!
    adc1ac1997702aeee9368cea41aa0883.jpg

And these are a size 24UK so maybe a 22US? I was so upset I had to buy these for our summer holiday and they were so super tight. I wore them to bible week the last week of July. We are going again this year and I'm hoping to be 100 pounds less than last year. I'm holding on to them to take another pic the same week and then another when I reach my goal weight.
    3b2d0eeb4645ed3c1194c57480cf88e4.jpg

ccb34df222513046b945eba7d467f70f.jpg

tried to fix it for you ..... change upper-case IMG to lower-case img ......

Thanks for sharing, great job !
  • Wow! You look great....congratulations on your success so far!! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Thanks so much for that. Didn't get it fixed fast enough, you're quick!
  • lovetamarav
    lovetamarav Posts: 11 Member
    Way to go!! Keep up the great work :)
  • You are doing awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    WAY TO GO GIRLFRIEND! Keep it up, you're doing AMAZING!
  • WOW!!! That is incredible, way to go. You must be so proud!!! Keep it up.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    great work!!! you look so much smaller.
  • Congratulations on your success so far!!
  • ehardy1103
    ehardy1103 Posts: 14 Member
    YOU are doing FANTASTIC!!!!! Keep up the good work!!! YOU look healthy and Happy !!!!
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Way to Go!!! Great Job!
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 208 Member
    wonderful job!!!!! sending request now!!!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    wow! fantastic =)
  • belle19822000
    belle19822000 Posts: 62 Member
    You look healthy and happy :) Good for you! Keep it up!
  • Melsy7
    Melsy7 Posts: 30
    Amazing! Great work!
  • katies2boys
    katies2boys Posts: 69 Member
    Congratulations, you are doing an AWESOME job!! You look wonderful, keep up the hard work :)
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Outstanding!
  • That's absolutely amazing. I needed something motivational this morning. I've started and stopped sooo many times. I feel ready but I'm still battling old habits. You look awesome!! and thanks for sharing your story:smile:
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Awesome...you are an inspiration!
  • black_cats
    black_cats Posts: 29 Member
    Wow! You look fantastic, keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!