Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    bump...just because
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not a douchey one.

This.
    I don't want religious people shoving their beliefs down my throat, so I won't shove my lack of belief down theirs.

Yea, I have to say I find a larger proportion of Atheists seem to fall into the douchey preachy category than people of religion.

Atheists certainly do not have the douchey preachy category locked down when it comes to religious discussion. There are plenty of disgusting things said on both sides of the debate.

Debate??? I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not a douchey one.

This.
    I don't want religious people shoving their beliefs down my throat, so I won't shove my lack of belief down theirs.

Yea, I have to say I find a larger proportion of Atheists seem to fall into the douchey preachy category than people of religion.

Atheists certainly do not have the douchey preachy category locked down when it comes to religious discussion. There are plenty of disgusting things said on both sides of the debate.

I don't think they have it locked - but I seem to encounter more Atheists who like to mock those people who believe and act all 'holier-than-thou' (pardon the pun) than I do the other way round.

I think it's the same group of people who refuse to accept any training ideas, no matter how tried and tested, unless it has a scientific paper backing the theory up.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Atheist - but I hope I'm wrong!

Have you ever looked into it before? There is a lot of compelling evidence out there.

Check out this book: The Case for Christ- Lee Strobel
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Case-Christ-Journalists-Investigation/dp/0310209307/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360077813&sr=8-1&keywords=the+case+for+christ

and this website: http://www.veritas.org/

Sorry dude - not really interested in religious propaganda
  • joe3166
    Options
    As I said I'm agnostic but I read something yesterday that I thought was funny. It went something like this
    A man sits beside a young girl on a plane and starts a conversation
    "You know time passes quicker on a plane if you talk to the people around you"
    "Really? what would you like to talk about?"
    He says, "You know there is no God and religion is just for the weak minded"
    "I didn't know that, let me ask you a question"
    "A cow, a deer, and a horse all eat grass yet a cow's poo is a soft patty, a deer's poo is little pellets, and a horses poo is big clumps. Why is that? she asks
    He looks at her curiously and says "I don't know, why is that?"
    She replies "I don't know either but what gives you the right to tell me there is no God when you don't know ****"
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Two reasons: First of all, I think he's a good actor, okay? To me, that counts. Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't eff around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with.

:flowerforyou:
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I used to believe in God, until I was about five when I found out the moon was made of cheese. And I thought how foolish was it for a God to make a moon out of cheese and then place it in the sky where I couldn't eat it. I was disillusioned at a very young age.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    1 Corinthians 1:18
    for the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Psalm 53:1
    The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

There's always one.....
  • joe3166
    Options
    for the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

There's always one.....

you know theres always more than one
  • duell55
    duell55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Have you ever looked into it before? There is a lot of compelling evidence out there.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Case-Christ-Journalists-Investigation/dp/0310209307/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360077813&sr=8-1&keywords=the+case+for+christ

Me either. If you want to take an honest look at the data, those are two resources that have come to a Christian conclusion.

If you want religious propaganda, I would recommend Richard Dawkins.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options

So Atheists who don't believe in god worry about this?:laugh:

Raised a believer (Catholic) then science opened up my eyes. Atheist and proud. And according to this "non judgmental person" I'm a fool.:laugh:

But I look good.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    406791_347742941919991_123916950969259_1380358_1132258603_n_zpseb10f607.jpg
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    406791_347742941919991_123916950969259_1380358_1132258603_n_zpseb10f607.jpg

:drinker:
  • joe3166
    Options

Me either. If you want to take an honest look at the data, those are two resources that have come to a Christian conclusion.

you just don't get it:smokin:
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    132051635885.gif

:happy:
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Yes I have read the book and even the bible neither made me change my mind. Obviously if you already believe you are going to think that the book would lock in up, but not so much. I mean really do you think that me telling you to read a book about why not to believe in God would change your mind?
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

you just don't get it:smokin:

Says the man with the posts that have yet to fully flesh out his thought process. Last I checked Batman is not included in this thread so ease up on the Riddler approach to things
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I love when I tell people at work that I am an Atheist, not because I'm throwing it around out of boredom, but because they tell me about how I need to worry about god this or god that. They then become incredibly offended and tell me I am going to hell. I then try to explain that's kinda impossible under my belief system. One actually asked if i could prove there is no god, I asked her if she could prove there was one, she said yes. The proof she presented was he is written about in the bible. I said, by that argument Harry Potter is not only real but he is MORE real because he got 7 books. She was not amused

I feel that in this day and age, god has been proven false...
    A) Thanks OP For making non believers look just as bad as preachy religious types. BOOOOO

B) I would classify myself as somewhere in between atheist and agnostic. I disagree with atheists who believe that it has been proven that there is no higher power. I think we simply do not have enough information to know.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Atheist.

My response to people trying to convert me, or make me believe in a god is....

"Well, what proof would I have to provide to you to make you believe that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists? You'd need to provide me with the same level of proof for me to believe in your god."

No circular logic thinkers need apply.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

I've seen this before but it also had
    "Don't think with it and Don't make laws with it"

:laugh: so true
This discussion has been closed.