Any Atheists out there ?

Options
1235»

Replies

• darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    The best way to make an atheist? Have them read the bible cover to cover. That's what I did. It was the only thing I was allowed to read in bootcamp.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I think that god is kinda like santa cept that alot of people choose to believe in him for their whole lives instead of just when theyre a kid.

There I finally said it out loud.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm an atheist.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    We don't need what you might deem as proof. that's why we call it Faith. There are no Athiests in the foxhole.
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    1 Corinthians 1:18
    for the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Psalm 53:1
    The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

^^ This. I'm pentecostal, and I've seen the move of God in my life and in my church. I've been delivered from drugs and alcohol, and watched as God performed a miracle and pieced my broken family back together.

Just two weeks ago, one of the ladies at our church was HEALED of terminal breast cancer. She was dying. She woke up one morning, and the cancerous tumors had come through the skin and completely FELL OFF. Believe what you will, but God is real, and He sent His son to die for even you, the non-believer.

Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Odd thing about this, at my church we actually have a group of Atheists who come to meet.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hmm.
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We don't need what you might deem as proof. that's why we call it Faith.

EXACTLY!

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
  • TineeLambrini
    TineeLambrini Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    <
    Atheist
  • joe3166
    Options
    What kind of father would send his son to his death
    Time to call CAS
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    We don't need what you might deem as proof. that's why we call it Faith. There are no Athiests in the foxhole.

If that was true, then why do so many people become atheists during life threatening trauma.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

I hate that "no atheists in foxholes" load of crap. I was in combat, and spent a fair amount of time in foxholes. It didn't change my being an atheist.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Pagan Witch here but always love learning about other religions, their traditions and history etc.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please note that certain topics that were formerly off-limits in the public forums are now permitted to remain on the boards, though we strongly recommend utilizing the new Group feature if you are concerned about unwanted commentary on your topic. The moderators will do our best to enforce civil conversation in this thread, and we expect all participants in this thread to abide by the guidelines which you can review in their entirety here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Posts made to publicize existing Groups are allowed in ALL cases on the Public Forums.

Please DO NOT report a post that is advertising a group, or that is proceeding politely and without incident.

If you start a new topic on the Public Forums, please use the following guideline as a filter:

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.

At our discretion, this thread may be locked or deleted at any time..

With respect,

psuLemon
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.