What are you going to give up for lent?

Options

Replies

• rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up my laziness, I always find ways to distract myself from getting things done weather it be like right now where i'm at work and posting on this when I should actually be getting **** done before my morning meeting or when I'm at home and could squeeze that other workout in, or finish the dishes or laundry or even pick up random things in the house. I figured if I can occupy myself to stop being lazy when it comes to these it would be the best thing for me in the long run if I can turn it into a routine instead of something I try and avoid.

I think this is a great idea! I tend to do the same types of things so good luck! Maybe I will try as well! :smile:
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This year, I am doing something different: instead of giving something up for Lent, I'm going to perform 40 acts of kindness, one on each day.

I'm actually looking forward to the challenge :happy:

This makes *much* more sense! Great idea!

O love this
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas, things that will help the diet.
    Unleaven bread.:laugh:

How about giving up just a few more calories. That usually works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas, things that will help the diet.

Sorry, not giving up anything food related, I don't have anything that should be given up for any length of time that I eat.

I will be giving up the piratebay. I will be refraining from "meat" on fridays, that doesn't change breakfast, it means Tunafish or PBJ for lunch and some kind of fish for dinner, or a vegetarian meal. We wind up going to our favorite seafood restaurant at least once or twice during lent.

I will be in New Orleans on friday during lent, I won't have any problem finding good seafood...
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking sugar... which is UBER hard for me... I love chocolate :*(
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Nothing........I'm a reformed Catholic
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Your diet should be a lifestyle, not a short-term "break-fix"
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My husband!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Cardio
  • Same as last year - peanut butter, jam, ketchup, chocolate, cheese, butter, biscuits and white bread/pasta/rice. :)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up the things I really love that don't love me: Crisps & biscuits - I can never just have 1 packet or 2 biscuits I can and will eat the lot - can't buy multipack crips cause they will be eaten in one sitting, Packet of biscuits go the same way as crisps. I do try but I just can't.

I can't have them in the house, even when I think I can be good I can't....so they go for lent this year :(

This dumb dumb wonders what crisps and biscuits are and if you could post a pic???

crisps = chips & biscuits = cookies.

at least that's what my irish/english friends call them over there.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I try to adopt a positive habit, rather than giving something up. This year, I'm going to do at least 15 minutes of strength exercises every morning before I get in the shower. In essence, I'm giving up my lazy, two-snooze-button mornings, I guess, in order to do something more positive with the time.
  • Viveyp21
    Viveyp21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Last year I gave up pork, fast food, beef, chocolate, soda, and fried foods.... I still don't eat pork because once you give that up your tummy hates you when eat it again.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    last time I did lent I was 12 and it was an act; try this out kids; if your religious folks won't let you become vegetarian, say it's for jesus. Worked for me :laugh: :devil:
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    This year, I am doing something different: instead of giving something up for Lent, I'm going to perform 40 acts of kindness, one on each day.

I :heart: this!!!!!
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options

That is actually lovely :flowerforyou:
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Why is LENT such a 4 letter word......?

Lent is a four letter word because it has, just go with me on this one, four letters.

laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Meat on Fridays
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    All Processed foods
    I'm giving up anything processed beyond milled grains. So if I want pasta, bread, crackers, etc I have to make it myself.
    If I want ice cream, I'm going to have to make it myself. You get the picture. I'm still debating on if I'll allow canned veggies, mostly it's the beans that would be really difficult for me.