Swedish Fish Progress

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    My dad is so obsessed with Peeps its ridiculous. The man will literally eat boxes upon boxes of them. Two days ago I found them on sale in a gas station and I bought him 6 boxes. They are already gone. Crazy peep lovers!

We put peeps into the microwave and watch them expand then deflate
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Don't shoot me, but...

what is a Swedish Fish? I gathered it's some kind of candy... :ohwell:

I don't know what they are either I thought maybe there like goldfish those cracker things

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Fish
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I love swedish fish.......last year I was addicted to Rita's Swedish Fish Italian Ice. I haven't been to a Rita's at all this year. That's huge for me and considering there is one less than a 1/2 a mile from my house and I have to pass it every day.
    whaaaa?? :laugh: :laugh: How funny, what an item! Although I've never tried Italian Ice to think they actually made a Swedish Fish one is proof there are more of us that have gummy candy issues:blushing: :huh:

Well I'll admit I do love chocolate but the German brand Gummi Bears are my actual weakness...swoon:love: can you love a Gummi Bear? I think SO:smooched: The problem is exactly what you shared, it's hard to stop at one and well, I think it's actually impossible!!!:smokin: :tongue:

:ohwell: I try to stay clear but those babies stare me down in stores when I walk down the wrong aisle and instill great guilt upon me for not taking them home. ugh, it's terrible:noway: :laugh:

Well I know (I think) the size of bags of Swedish Fish you're talking about and they aren't the Halloween snack size candy bar 3 lb. bags so I understand how few bags can slip out of the store with you. I think if you can manage the 100 cal packs of them, maybe 1 portion in the evening as a treat you'll be safe.

Personally I don't buy the 100 cal packs (of any type) for several reasons (anymore:blushing: ), one being 1 serving can become 1 box. Did I read the portion wrong?:laugh: :laugh: :ohwell: :glasses:

Hey good luck with the cut back, I think you'll do great:drinker:
    Becca:heart:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

My husband and I put peeps in a grilled cheese sandwich and its delicious.
    ohhhhhhhhhhh my:sick: :laugh: :laugh: Now I HAVE heard everything done to a peep:wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    The Peeps factory (where they make Good n' Plenty and all that junk too) is literally miles from my house! At every parade, every event - EVERYTHING - the Peeps mobile is there tossing Peeps out the window! And Mike n' Ikes...

For some reason, they don't throw Hot Tamales or Good n' Plenty.... those must be the hot ticket items! :D
    Excuse me but what town did you live in?? You did say you have a spare bedroom? :laugh: :laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Alright, here it is. I have an obsession with Swedish Fish. Not just a little one, a very serious one. I would buy 2-3+ 1lb bags of these babies a week!!! I know, I know.

Anyway I have gone 2 whole weeks without one bite! This is huge for me and I am very proud of myself.

I am hoping to be in enough control by the time my 26th birthday rolls around in August so that I can have a 100 calorie pack without eating the whole box. I feel like I can do it!

Do you love swedish fish too???
    Ok, just now reread your post, WOW 2 weeks?? That's AWESOME, really truly it is when you were lovin' em' up so bad earlier. Congrats!! I agree sometimes (well most definitely for ME) that's what it takes, cutting off the supply :blushing: :laugh: completely then introducing them back in to see how you do.

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • LPNlauren
    LPNlauren Posts: 27
    Options
    OMG I HAVE TO TRY IT!
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    Don't shoot me, but...

what is a Swedish Fish? I gathered it's some kind of candy... :ohwell:

I don't know what they are either I thought maybe there like goldfish those cracker things

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Fish

Interesting.. I love gummy candies, but it sounds like these might be habit-forming... lol - maybe it's best that I don't try them, at least then I won't know what I'm missing..
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had to look them up too. Good, they're not a temptation for me... I'm not big on candy in general but I really don't like anything chewy like that. :laugh:
  • MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The Peeps factory (where they make Good n' Plenty and all that junk too) is literally miles from my house! At every parade, every event - EVERYTHING - the Peeps mobile is there tossing Peeps out the window! And Mike n' Ikes...

For some reason, they don't throw Hot Tamales or Good n' Plenty.... those must be the hot ticket items! :D
    Excuse me but what town did you live in?? You did say you have a spare bedroom? :laugh: :laugh:

OMG- We are Peeps fanatics in my house. LOL.... again, we use PEEPS in grilled cheese sandwiches and win competitions. wikipedia: peeps and my husband and I are in there.
    :laugh:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    My dad is so obsessed with Peeps its ridiculous. The man will literally eat boxes upon boxes of them. Two days ago I found them on sale in a gas station and I bought him 6 boxes. They are already gone. Crazy peep lovers!

We put peeps into the microwave and watch them expand then deflate
    Put toothpicks in them and watch them joust. :laugh: :laugh:
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I love these too.. and many other chewy candies. I love sweedish berries... Wine Gums.. ju jubes.. mike n ikes.. oh man.. definetely my weakness!!!

Here in Canada we have THE BULK BARN.. where you buy these candies in bulk for a cheaper price than prepackaged. THis place is sooo deadly!! I try not to go.. or if I do I try to get healthy stuff. I too would leave with a LARGE bag of gummy candies. I went the other day to get my boyfriend pistachios and I left with unsalted pretzels and a very very small amount of jelly beans
  • arfrazee
    arfrazee Posts: 518
    Options
    Ok so I DO love Swedish Fish....BUT I will ONLY eat them if I ball them up in a big gummi ball...I refuse to eat them individually for some reason lol
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Ok so I DO love Swedish Fish....BUT I will ONLY eat them if I ball them up in a big gummi ball...I refuse to eat them individually for some reason lol

That's rather interesting, never thought about eating them that way lol
  • arfrazee
    arfrazee Posts: 518
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!!!!!!
  • lexi1ky
    lexi1ky Posts: 7
    Options
    I also was a swedish fish addict LOL! I can't believe I'm not the only one.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I love swedish fish.......last year I was addicted to Rita's Swedish Fish Italian Ice. I haven't been to a Rita's at all this year. That's huge for me and considering there is one less than a 1/2 a mile from my house and I have to pass it every day.
    whaaaa?? :laugh: :laugh: How funny, what an item! Although I've never tried Italian Ice to think they actually made a Swedish Fish one is proof there are more of us that have gummy candy issues:blushing: :huh:

Well I'll admit I do love chocolate but the German brand Gummi Bears are my actual weakness...swoon:love: can you love a Gummi Bear? I think SO:smooched: The problem is exactly what you shared, it's hard to stop at one and well, I think it's actually impossible!!!:smokin: :tongue:

:ohwell: I try to stay clear but those babies stare me down in stores when I walk down the wrong aisle and instill great guilt upon me for not taking them home. ugh, it's terrible:noway: :laugh:

Well I know (I think) the size of bags of Swedish Fish you're talking about and they aren't the Halloween snack size candy bar 3 lb. bags so I understand how few bags can slip out of the store with you. I think if you can manage the 100 cal packs of them, maybe 1 portion in the evening as a treat you'll be safe.

Personally I don't buy the 100 cal packs (of any type) for several reasons (anymore:blushing: ), one being 1 serving can become 1 box. Did I read the portion wrong?:laugh: :laugh: :ohwell: :glasses:

Hey good luck with the cut back, I think you'll do great:drinker:
    Becca:heart:
    Just came across this video, this may be exactly what I need for those gummi bear cravings I get every so often. It's likely to scare me off from them! Bwwwwwwwwhahahhaha:noway:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astISOttCQ0&NR=1
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Alright, here it is. I have an obsession with Swedish Fish. Not just a little one, a very serious one. I would buy 2-3+ 1lb bags of these babies a week!!! I know, I know.

Anyway I have gone 2 whole weeks without one bite! This is huge for me and I am very proud of myself.

I am hoping to be in enough control by the time my 26th birthday rolls around in August so that I can have a 100 calorie pack without eating the whole box. I feel like I can do it!

Do you love swedish fish too???
    btw wondering how's the Swedish Fish addiction, success?:drinker: :tongue:
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I love Swedish Fish but for me the real temptation is Skittles... have NOT been able to resist them once in a while. Congrats on your willpower :)
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the EXACT same problem with sunflower seeds!
    I could eat a 1lb bag of seeds in two hours, and I have before!

Its really hard when you have a legitimate food addiction, I know.

My family refuses to let me buy seeds now and if they see that I have them they dump them in the back yard :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!