Coffee for coffee's sake? Or for the creamer?

Options
13»

Replies

• caseysray
    caseysray Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the socially acceptable way for me to drink creamer. I love sweet, milky coffee. I'm trying to get better, but I cannot drink it black.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I must have coffee and cannot live without it every morning! I only use a little fat-free half and half and can drink it just fine black if I happen to run out of it. I can't stand any of the flavored stuff.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'll drink it any way you got it, though I typically have it black because I'm too lazy to bother with making it 'just so.' I can also do without pretty easily, and sometimes go weeks at a time without any at all.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I gotta have the coffee, no creamer is fine with me.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this sounds stupid but I have never heard of creamer. I don't know anyone who uses cream in coffee either.

Like most people here I just have small amount of milk in it. I don't use sugar or sweeteners myself but many people do.

I am in Australia

That's why I mentioned earlier it is definitely an American thing to use cream! Traditionally, in the US people have used "half and half" (called half cream in the UK), which is a blend of milk and cream, in their coffee. These days, some people use what are known as "coffee creamers" which are essentially these man made concoctions containing no dairy (ingredients are things like oils and sugars) and they come in all sorts of flavors as well as "cream" flavor. A lot of times they are also heavily sweetened...pretty vile stuff, in my opinion! Some people in the US just use milk (I do) but cream is very popular, as is the faux cream.
  • Netgrrrl22
    Netgrrrl22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking a coffee as I reply to this. I'm new to coffee. I started drinking it because I was working too much and I was just burnt out, I no longer work so much but continue to drink it because I like the taste.
    I like skim milk and sugar in my coffee, my ultimate goal is to enjoy black coffee but I'm not there yet.
    I also really like the social aspect of coffee. Go and catch up with friends over coffee or sometimes you just need a little down time, grab a coffee and read a book.
    I'm willing to accommodate for the things in my coffee, I have no problems cutting back somewheres else :D
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Need coffee! I figure it helps to keep me employed :)

me too, it pays my mortgage!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Black and unsweetened for me.

I consider coffee with milk and sugar "recreational coffee," and have it maybe a few times a year after dinner. It's nice as dessert, but it's not what I think of when I think of coffee.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup a day. I enjoy whatever creamer I want. I may switch to some other kind of creamer. But I enjoy it. Even though I know it' can sometimes be about the liquid dessert for me.
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Black and strong, and usually only 8-16 oz in the morning. If I drink coffee after that, it's usually with company and there is alcohol in it.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I can drink my coffee black if it's good quality coffee. It took me a long time to be able to drink black coffee. While I can do it, I prefer to put just a splash of flavored creamer in it. Anything more than a splash is way too sweet.

This, but I don't like flavored creamer. My preference is good quality coffee with a tbsp of half & half. Perfecto!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black so I know it's for the actual coffee... or more accurately the caffeine in the coffee. Haha I only use creamer on occasion as a treat.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am not a coffee drinker but when I do it is creamer (flavored) with a splash of coffee:)
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Oh I love coffee! Black, no creamer and no sugar! I drink way too much of it though, so in between cups I force myself to drink a glass of water.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I went to grab a cup of coffee today. In fact, I brewed it fresh, but when I went to get the creamer, there wasn't any, and I had no desire to drink coffee without it..... so that just tells me that I can live w/o coffee just fine.... How about you?

I can't live without coffee, but I have gone years without cream and sugar in my coffee.