Help with numbers

Options
BMR: 1626 calories
TDEE: 2277 calories (light daily activity)
TDEE (-20%) 1822 calories
MFP: 1584

Okie dokie. I've been eating around 1584 daily and trusting MFP. However, this week I didn't lose anything and I'm looking at my numbers trying to make sense of it all. If my basal metabolic rate is 1626, should I really be eating less than that? Last week I lost 1.8lbs but I was over for my weekly calories by 750 and I didn't exercise. This week, I walked 6 miles and after eating back my workout, I was under by 47 calories for the week.

Should I eat more? Do exactly the same as this week nd wait for my body to get used to me burning from exercise? I'm so confused. My diary is open...be honest but gentle. :) FYI, I'm 33 years old female. 6'3" and 178.1. I wonder if my numbers are more unique because of being such a tall girl. I'm man sized but still have girl pudge and hormones that like to hang onto that pudge. My goal is 165.

Replies

• Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Looks like your calculations are pretty accurate (I used www.fat2fitradio.com and came up with similar numbers). By using the Lightly Active, it assumes you do some sort of light exercise 1-3 days/week. If this is the case, I would up your calories from the 1584 that MFP has you set at and use the 1822. Using this number, you won't eat your exercise calories back as it is already included. MFP has you set at lower than your BMR. You want to eat AT LEAST the 1626.

Hope that helps! You might also want to check out http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 This is what really helped me get on track. :)