Motivational Audiobooks

Options
I am looking for audio-books that present a motivational message to someone going through a serious health crisis. My husband is battling cancer and is growing a little weary that we've seen no progress in his results. We've seen no progression in the disease, either, which is wonderful. We've been fighting for five years, and he's just feeling a little discouraged at this point. He is dyslexic, so reading for him is difficult, but he loves listening to audio-books and I thought maybe some of you could give me some suggestions for ones that will encourage him.
Religious or Non religious suggestions are both equally welcome.

Replies

• JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump....NO ONE here does audio-books????? :noway:
  • victorianic
    victorianic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out "Always Looking Up" by Michael J. Fox.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    Options
    You might want to check out "Always Looking Up" by Michael J. Fox.

Thank you. Guess audiobooks aren't everyone's thing. :) Of course, if I posted a comment on how I was eating only 800 calories a day, the thread would fill to 500 in an hour. :laugh:
  • JulesAtkinson1
    Options
    bump
  • cosycorner
    cosycorner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Tony Robbins he has some free info for different things on his website
  • JulesAtkinson1
    Options
    Have you tried Tony Robbins he has some free info for different things on his website

Thanks, I'll check it out! :smile:
  • bellabeer
    Options
    Darnit, I was hoping for a suggestion! I've been searching Audible for some motivational books as well but there are SO many self-help books out there that it's hard to know what's good and what is just a load of money-making crapola. I am a big fan of affirmations, especially if you do a lot of negative self-talk.

What kind of motivation are you looking for, though? Are you talking weight-loss specifically, or life organization, or self-esteem, or something else entirely? Maybe that will help narrow it down.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    Options
    Darnit, I was hoping for a suggestion! I've been searching Audible for some motivational books as well but there are SO many self-help books out there that it's hard to know what's good and what is just a load of money-making crapola. I am a big fan of affirmations, especially if you do a lot of negative self-talk.

What kind of motivation are you looking for, though? Are you talking weight-loss specifically, or life organization, or self-esteem, or something else entirely? Maybe that will help narrow it down.

I am really looking for something motivational/inspirational for really, just life affirmation. Something that would speak to my husband that would motivate him to "press on" and want to do something worthwhile with whatever time he has left here. Not that he's dying; he's not. But sometimes he gets into that pity pool mode and it's hard to get him out.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    Options

I am really looking for something motivational/inspirational for really, just life affirmation. Something that would speak to my husband that would motivate him to "press on" and want to do something worthwhile with whatever time he has left here. Not that he's dying; he's not. But sometimes he gets into that pity pool mode and it's hard to get him out.

Maybe I should change the title to "Looking for Motivational Audiobooks". Can you change the title once it's posted?
  • JulesAtkinson1
    Options
    bump