Juicing problems!!

Options
For the new year, starting January first, I started recently juicing, even doing the 30 day challenge from simplegreensmoothies.com. I thought it would help me loose weight and start eating healthier. Today I got on the scale and discovered that not only did I not loose any weight or stay the same, but gained about 5 pounds. I don't understand :(. Is it because of the sugar in fruit?

I'd really love if someone can explain this unexpected weight gain since I started juicing. I'd appreciate it.
I only do it in the morning for breakfast, by the way. thank you so much.

Replies

• craftybirdy
    Options
    What are you juicing? If it's all or mostly fruit , you could be getting a lot of extra calories.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    What other, if any, changes have you made the past month? Did you take before and after measurements or pictures? How are your clothes fitting. Is it that TOM, have you recently worked out and/or eaten sodium laden food that would cause you to retain water? Did you weigh at the same time of the day/same clothing (or lack there of) as you first started?
  • I'm juicing mostly fruit, but I'm always putting kale or another green into the shake as well. I'll juice pineapple, blueberries, strawberries and bananas all at the same time.

And no i don't weigh myself on a specific day or haven't changed my exercise ruteen. To be honest I don't exercise much, which I know I should change.

And yes, my clothes do feel a bit tighter around my legs.
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    Options
    weigh your fruits with a digital scale
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Given you haven't made any other changes and you're clothes are feeling tighter, the juicing has added additonal calories and you're now eating above your TDEE.
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I also juice but I use it as a meal replacement or snack depending on the calories in the juice. Are you entering the juice recipe to track your calories? You should measure the fruit and veggies that you put in. I've had juices that range from 94-298 calories which is a small meal/snack depending on your calories for the day. You also might want to slowly scale back on the fruit and add more greens to reduce the amount of sugar you're consuming. Juicing is a great way to get in your fruits and veggies if you don't eat them w/ your meals :)