In need of support and motivation!

Options
Hi all! My name is Hilary, and I live in Grand Rapids, MI. I just turned 30, and starting yet another (or am continuing on my) weight loss journey. I had some small successes throughout my early 20’s in losing 10-20lbs at a time. However, in September of 2009 I finally snapped when I hit 333lbs and realized the gaining was never going to stop until I stopped it. I ended up losing over 100lbs in 2010 by joining Weight Watchers and the YMCA. Then I got a new job and didn’t have as much time to dedicate to working out (or so I told myself). I stopped losing. So I got upset, got lazy and gave up. Now I’m 30, its 3 years later and I’m back up to an uncomfortable weight. I’m tired of being tired. I’m tired of my clothes not fitting. I’m mad at myself for destroying all the work I did.
Luckily one of my friends thought a Biggest Loser contest in January would help to motivate her and her friends, and to jump start our weight loss. I started the competition at 311lbs and I am down 17lbs just 3 weeks later. I’m enjoying exercise again! I forgot how much I liked going to the gym. Finding MFP has been a blessing too. Not only for the calorie counter, but for all the support it offers.
Here is to continuing on my life long journey of finding out what I’m made of!

Hilary

Replies

• Krunchey1
    Krunchey1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :wink: Good Luck - I too need support and motivation. Newly divorced after 25 years of marriage, single parenting and recently laid off after 18 years, feeling/felt like a failure. Determined to loose weight and I will not fail at this. Started at 276.20 and have lost almost 7lbs in one week....
  • aleyjewell
    aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This webiste is awesome!! It totally keeps me accountable. When I started I wasn't that commited but then I opened my diary and the realization that everybody could see what I ate made me want to eat better!! I log on everyday and would be happy to support all!!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me... I've dropped 127 in seven months and my diary is open to friends.
  • cmulligan101
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Carol here also needing some support. I have been following my calorie count now for a month and honestly getting a little discouraged. I read all the success sororities and don't know what I am doing wrong. Drinking sooo much water with crystal light and green tea. Help
  • audra0831
    Options
    Hi, my name is Audra, and I live in Claysville, PA (south of Pittsburgh). Feel free to add me - I would like to lose around 140 lbs. and I need all the help and support I can get! :smile:
  • Mandigormas
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • mrook2009
    mrook2009 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • Sonriendo