Ezekial bread

Options
Question: I see people eating Ezekial Bread more and more in their diaries. What are the health benefits of Ezekial Bread compared to others?? And where can I get some??

Replies

• MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and it's pretty good and filling but expensive. It's made of all natural ingredients and no preservatives so you have to keep it frozen or in the fridge to keep fresh.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it, but a few people I am friends with on here eat it regularly. I have seen it in the freezer section of Vons (Safeway).
  • Hmmcglothl
    Hmmcglothl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've tried numerous times to choke it down. I find it disgusting. It's very healthy though. Every time I buy it it goes to waste.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    It's great, look at the ingredients, it doesn't have all the other crazy stuff other breads have. If you have a Whole Foods or Wegmans in your area, any whole, earth grocery stores should carry it. My local Safeway has it also. Try it, for some people it might take some getting use to.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I love the 3 seed bread and cinnamon. It toasts so well! Whenever I make poached eggs, I serve it on Ezekial with Avocado. It doesn't get mushy!

I get it at Trader Joes for about $3.50.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    The raisin bread is yummy. Publix has it in the freezer section. Took me forever to find it, not expecting it to be frozen.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of Ezekiel bread and buy it in the frozen section. I also love their tortillas because they don't have like 400 mg of sodium like most do.

According to this, they aren't actually superior to other wheat breads, as long as they are quality without crappy ingredients added in.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2009/oct/12/health/he-nutrition12
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I love it toasted.
  • AndreaMerrill
    AndreaMerrill Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's really good - love the cinn raisin. I get it at local grocery stores. It's a low glycemic bread so it's much better for you than say white bread (yuck). It's about $5 a loaf.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I find it to be very dry and only good for toast (even that is just mediocre toast), however I tend to bake my own bread so I may just be spoiled.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I didn't know they had raisin! There's a Whole Foods near my boyfriend I'll have to see if I can find it!
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    As a child I hated it, because it has nuts in it, but now as an adult I can mange to actually eat a slice of it. There are no preservatives, and it is choked full of healthy stuff. You have to keep it frozen or in the fridge. The name comes from the scripture in the Bible which where the ingredients are from: "Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel…" Ezekiel 4:9

It is diabetic friendly as well as they have gluten free products as well. My mom eats it since she is diabetic, and she doesnt have to completely cut out carbs. Once slice is only 80 calories (whole wheat version) and has 15 carbs, 3 fibers and 4 protien- so net carbs is only 8- which is pretty darn good for bread...

I like that Cinnamon one personally.

Check your "organic" or "health" areas at grocery stores that is where you usually find it.
  • Tuten210
    Tuten210 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the Cinnamon Raisin Bread and I think it's really good! It's in the freezer section of the grocery store...I've seen it at Bi-lo, Publix and Whole Foods.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    they dont have it in my country?, what makes it different to normal bread?
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love Ezekial bread. It is usually found in the freezer section. I also keep mine in the freezer once I bring it home. I've never tried to make a sandwich out of it or anything but it makes excellent toast with PB or almond butter. I just use a knife and separate a piece to toast. I have never had a single slice go to waste. I have seen links on pinterest to recipes where you can make your own Ezekial copy cat.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Question: I see people eating Ezekial Bread more and more in their diaries. What are the health benefits of Ezekial Bread compared to others?? And where can I get some??

Tastes like cardboard, nutritional benefits are minimal over white bread and high price
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread refers to a type of sandwich bread containing completely no flour. Its ingredients include four beans and four grains. The key ingredients include barley, wheat, millet, pinto beans, kidney beans, rye or spelt and lentils. This distinctive ingredient combination provides several health benefits to the body. They are high in dietary fiber, and have no trans fat, or cholesterol.

Ezekiel bread contains sprouted grains; these breads are significantly higher in protein, vitamins and enzymes, and the complex starches are converted into natural sugars. They are also low GI, so they are digested more slowly by the body, keeping the blood sugar levels stable for longer, making people feel more satisfied. This leads to snacking less.:)

Read more: http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/article/Benefits_Sprouted_Grains#ixzz2K35KXITW
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I bake my own bread at home, but I keep the Ez. Cinnamon Raisin in the freezer as a treat with PB or bananas. I just like the nutritional label better than the ones on all the regular breads. :)
  • pammcw
    pammcw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread is 100% whole grain, flour less,low glycemic and a complete protein! Made from freshly sprouted live grains. I eat 2 slices toasted with a light smear of honey. It's actually my "treat" for the day.

You'll find it in the frozen food section. I keep it in the freezer & take out slices as I need them!
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Love Ezekiel - low glycemic, organic, sprouted grains.

And it is really cheap in Trader Joe's (of course if you have the store in your area).

I use the sesame daily, and the cinnamon raisin for a french toast on occasion.