Need some help today!

Options
Hey guys! So today I'm having a hunger problem! I just can't seem to "feel full". I did a workout in the morning instead of the evening and am wondering if this might have something to do with it. Or maybe it's just psychological and I need to just power through it. Any suggestions and encouragement would be helpful! My scale hasn't moved all week, so I really want to stick to my daily limit.

Replies

• debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    drink water? usually helps me.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Protein usually helps me when I feel like I'm "starving". Cottage cheese, string cheese, almonds, an egg, something like that.

I've tried to fill up on veggies when I'm hungry like that, but it doesn't work. What usually happens is I eat a bunch of random "low calorie" stuff trying to curb the hunger (which adds up to a bunch of calories), and then I end up with the protein anyway, so I end up eating way more than really necessary.
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yep I agree, have some protein too!
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to find the balance between a calorie deficit to lose weight, and the calories your body needs after doing a session. I tend to go crazy on the workouts (1-2 hours), and eat back some of the calories. It's hard, that is for sure. Take measurements. The scale isn't the only measurement of progress. I wish you the best with finding the balance of proper nutrition.
  • s_west
    s_west Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I've been doing pretty good with the protein and water today (diary should be unlocked). I think it's probably just a boredom thing. It's my day off and my house is clean (lol) so I have nothing to do.

Does anyone else have this problem? They get bored and feel like they need to eat something?
  • NHoughton13
    Options
    Water, protein and/or fiber. I haven't lost much yet, so I'm no expert, but I just try to remember all the reasons I want to be healthier. As someone posted here before, "One year from now, you'll be so glad you started today." I keep that in the back of my mind.... good luck!
  • medeamama
    medeamama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hate "hungry" days! Sometime I feel like an old lady in a nursing home, living from meal to meal!

Try to stay busy and focus on your goal and want you WANT instead of what you don't want. Think of how beautiful you are! You can do it!

A nice cup of hot tea helps too!
  • 1cpnmama
    Options
    oh my goodness eating out of boredom is my main problem, and my kids' left overs doesn't help either. i agree with every one else drink plenty of water and add some type of protein. try adding some flavor to your water with some frozen fruit and it might help curb any major cravings. i heard that eating almonds helps you to feel full, thats what i do when i think im about to lose it.
  • lspanhake
    Options
    Try making some Weight Watchers 0 point vegetable soup to keep in the refrigerator for times like this. Have a cup or two along with some lean protein and you should be fine.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Water never helps when I'm having an attack of the hungries. Neither do vegetables. Usually it takes a combination of whole grain, fat, and protein to satisfy me - like a small serving of oatmeal with 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter stirred in. That satisfies me for at least a couple of hours.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    P.S: My house is not clean. Please come over.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Protein and water.
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Miso soup is great too. You can get Miso at an asian market, just add hot water. If you want to get really "crazy" add some green onions or Kale or spinach or mushrooms or tofu. It is salty hot and filling. 1 cup is like 10 calories with nothing added in. Good luck.
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I've been doing pretty good with the protein and water today (diary should be unlocked). I think it's probably just a boredom thing. It's my day off and my house is clean (lol) so I have nothing to do.

Does anyone else have this problem? They get bored and feel like they need to eat something?

I suffer from boredom eating all the time. If possible I try to find something physical to do like go for a walk and listen to podcasts or audiobooks but if that isn't an option I try to do something creative or at least interactive so my hands are busy. I've decided wasting time playing video games is better than grazing for snacks in the kitchen.
  • s_west
    s_west Posts: 17 Member
    Options

My hubby is the housecleaner. He went crazy this weekend when I was working lol.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Sometimes it helps just being able to tell someone else that's it's a "hungry" day. Now I'm off to make a pot of tea!
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I find that every morning i am ravenously hungry! I excersise first thing in the morning, then have breakfast...but if I dont bring snack to work there is no way I could make it to lunch... I try to load up on snacks that are filling and satisifying like apples or a cup od bluesberries or strawberries with 1/2 low fat yogurt.... for me its all about being satisified! So I really needed to find low cal snacks!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

You beat me to it!!! LOL!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    This isn't going to seem like the most popular answer but I eat more on days I cant get fulfilled by my normal diet. Id rather listen to my body. I also allow myself days like today where if I crave chocolate so much I am obsessed, I have it. Its usually one of those hormone things...haha

I find that there is a big difference between "feeling hungry" and "bored eating".
    If you will eat a big bowl of green/low cal veggies or a few slices of turkey lunch meat then your hungry, if it doesn't seem appealing, your just eating to eat.
  • MadeInDR022
    Options
    Leave your house. I find that changing locations usually helps...sip in water, or tea
  • realnurse26
    realnurse26 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have found that when I'm hungry, drinking something hot somehow tricks my body. I dunno, maybe it's just me. I'm a coffee addict, so this may not work for you. But a cup of hot coffee with about a tablespoon of my favorite flavored creamer is so satisfying! And yes, protein is lovely. I love eating an apple with a bit of peanut butter. Takes a lot of effort to chew. :) As for the boredom, I have totally forgotten what that means, lol.