Paleo vs. Calorie Deficit..

Options
which way will get quicker results?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Edit: Because I don't want to ruin your fun. Have at it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Paleo isn't about weight loss it's about eating "healthier" (as defined by those individuals on the diet). Often people lose weight by reducing their caloric intake because the increase in veggies and other less calorically (dude, it's a word now because I said so) dense foods.

There are all sorts of ways to reduce your calories, pick the way you can stick with for the rest of your life, whatever it may be.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    You've got to remember to have a proper mix of heavy lifting with aerobic conditioning to get either to work properly!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Everyone,

Please follow the rules:

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

OP, even if you are paleo, you still need a calorie deficit to create weight loss.
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Paleo isn't about weight loss it's about eating "healthier" (as defined by those individuals on the diet). Often people lose weight by reducing their caloric intake because the increase in veggies and other less calorically (dude, it's a word now because I said so) dense foods.

There are all sorts of ways to reduce your calories, pick the way you can stick with for the rest of your life, whatever it may be.

this!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    nvm
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sort of comparing apples and oranges.

It's like saying "what's the best way to get to work - a red car, or driving?"

Paleo is a specific diet Calorie deficit is what leads to weight loss (regardless of specific foods eaten).
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Define results:
    Do you want to get fitter?
    Do you want to get stronger?
    Do you want more muscle definition?
    Do you want to lose weight?
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    neither.... tracking macros and calories will give you best results.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options

Paleo is a specific diet Calorie deficit is what leads to weight loss (regardless of specific foods eaten).

^
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    both
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have friends doing the paleo diet, they love it but have a hard time sticking to the restrictions. I'm doing the calorie deficit and doing pretty well. It all depends what you're looking for. Good luck!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

not paleo but can be calorie deficit I think the answer is clear
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I wrote a post yesterday about my experience with both that you can check out if you'd like. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/880675-primal-vs-dirty-or-the-very-bro-est-of-sciences
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_mgvw5nQ4vS1rt6jcb_zpsb8154ff8.jpg
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

I have never seen such a thing...truly amazing
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    goes great with Meatloaf!

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    goes great with Meatloaf!

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg

You need to stop posting this. It is making me so hungry. Mmmm bacon.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

this is all sorts of amazing!