To all the metabolism experts out there...

Life_is_Good
Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does it make a difference if I eat my calories in increments - for example 4-400 calorie meals or if I consistently eat my calories all day?

For example:
Breakfast - I will have a dry bowl of cereal at my desk & munch on it all morning. I'll eat my fruits & a yogurt on no particular schedule until around 11. Then around 12:30 I'll start that cycle again with lunch foods. Dinner I usually eat at one sitting.
Daily calorie intake 1600 calories,

I seem to be at a stand still & I'm beginning to wonder if it is the way I'm eating.

Replies

• aubrey49
    aubrey49 Posts: 4 Member
    It's good to spread the meals out into four to six meals a day, two-three hours apart. I would also try to balance your carbs and protein, and I would make sure the food (i.e. cereal) you're eating doesn't contain alot of wasted sugars like white bread and high fructose corn syrup. Plus, if you're trying to lose weight, you might consider consuming 1200-1400 calories a day. Hope that helps!
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    well, I'm not an expert, but I read a lot of what "experts" say and supposedly, 5-6 smaller (200-300 calorie) meals a day is much better for your metabolism. The other thing I've heard is that eating any more than a maximum of 500 calories in one meal is not good because your body can only digest and process so much at once, so whatever it can't process gets stored as fat. And one other point I've always heard (and could never follow!), is no eating late at night, preferrably after 7pm.

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything that bad. If you're at a stand still, it could possibly be what you're eating, maybe try to tweek your diet a bit and see what happens, or change up your exercise or something.
This discussion has been closed.