new and looking for menu ideas

Options
Hi, I just started this week, looking to lose 25-30 lbs, I need help with meal planning ideas. Anyone want to share their food diary so I have some guidance? I'm finding it hard to get 1200 cals or more in a healthy way without eating junk food Thanks so much

Replies

• Swany2
    Swany2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you like, think my diarys relatively healthy...alot of my meals are homemade :-)
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend this link for some low-cal foods that are still fun and extremely tasty. Plus the boys who cook them are a great laugh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/search?programmes[]=p00vq8c6
  • tadlana
    tadlana Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thank you both!!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me and have a gander

great snack ideas
    http://socialcafemag.com/healthy-snacks-under-200-calories/
  • betsybruhn
    Options
    Don't know if this is wrong to post. I don't mean to advertise. -- bought a Groupon for a site called The Fresh20. It has menu planning using all fresh ingredients to make 5 dinners per week with a new menu every week. It includes shopping list (they try to limit the ingredients to 20 for the week), list of pantry essentials, nutritional info and a prep guide to prepare things in advance to make weeknight meals easier. You can get menus for regular food, gluten free or vegetarian meals. Meals and lists are for a family of 4 so since it is just me and my husband I halve everything. You can also include 6 weeks of lunch menus. I was so sick of cooking mass quantities of food for my 3 football playing/crazy workout boys when they got home from college at Christmas that I needed a break from planning anything. So far the food has been easy to prepare, very tasty, nutritious and convenient. Food shopping with their list is a breeze but I dont buy all the organic versions of what they suggest. Sometimes I do add extra veggies to the meals. You could also sign up for Weight Watchers, Biggest Loser or I am sure many other sites. I normally made a lot of meals out of Cooking Light magazine and cookbooks. Good luck!
  • ashleydmassey
    ashleydmassey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me.
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My favorite websites are skinnytaste.com and then eatcleandiet.com most of my food choices come from there.... and a few healthy protein bars from Jamie Eason. :)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me... My diary is open to friends. I've dropped 127 pounds in seven months. I don't have all the answers but I've figured out some positive things that are working. Blood pressure has gone from 145/95 to 122/82 resting pulse rate from 92 to 64.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety real food everyday and my diary is open to friends. Add me if you want.