How has this site been working for you all?

Options
Newby.

Just started. Wondering how it's been working (accuracy, results and such)?

Thanks!

C1

Replies

• caber1
    Options
    Newby.

Just started. Wondering how it's been working (accuracy, results and such)?

Thanks!

C1
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    welcome, this site has been helpful for many of us
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    I'm a newbie myself. Just signed up and started on Monday this week. It seems to be working well for me so far, in the aspect of having to keep track of everything I eat. I don't just mindlessly grab food and start munching anymore. I'm more aware of the amount of calories I consume throughout the day. And, in just three days I've lost a little over a pound.

Best of luck to you! :smile:
  • breddell
    Options
    It really works! I've been trying to loose weight for months through excersize only. A friend had been telling me it would never work until I started counting calories...she was right. This site has been really helpful in keeping me conscientious of what i am consuming. The first day I logged, I was shocked at how many calories I was taking in (the sad thing is that it wasn't even a 'bad' day)...I had no idea. As a matter of fact, I thought I made healthy choices. Stick with it and you will definatley see results. I've gone from a size 12 to a 10 in just a few weeks. (I don't own a scale so I'm not real sure how much I weigh) Also, you will find that there is some great support and wonderful people on this sight to help with questions and give encouragement.
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    hey there!
    I know you wil love this site! helps in sooo many ways! everyone here is super supportive
    I have only been on this site about 1 month, and am already down in inches quite a bit,
    and 8 lbs less :flowerforyou:
    but most of all, I am eating healthier and feel much better about my choices!
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    At least for me, it's really helped as far as far as having a way to keep an ongoing record and providing me a reliable guideline to measure by, which not only keeps me honest but acts as a pretty powerful motivator. Since August, I've lost 40 lbs., have gone down 3 dress sizes, 2.5 ring sizes (heard tell that Santa Baby is planning on slipping something sparkly in my stocking to replace the wedding ring that is now so loose that the only way it will stay on is by wrapping the back of it in tape), about 19" over all (and for the first time in..........ahhhh..........uhmmmmm............over 30 years, I weigh LESS than what it says on my drivers license) :laugh: Whatever this side of surgery or chemicals will help me get to where I want to be, I'm all for it and this site surely has contributed to that! :happy:
  • KCPlanner
    Options
    I've been on this site now for our days and loving it. I've never charted my calories, exercise or anything else before now. As good as I think this site is, I think it can be even better, but I'm satisfied with it thus far.

One thing that is really frustrating is not finding a scale that is accurate. How can I chart my progress if I can't measure it???

Forrest
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Well that's a good question. I started at 305 and I'm now 260. So on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 45. The counters and tools help but it's the people that help me the most.
  • caber1
    Options
    Thanks everyone. We'll see how it goes.:wink: