Replies

• asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Today's totals are:
    20 minutes of 30 day shred
    15 minutes dog walk
    79 minutes of biking

week's total is 164

Elizabennet, I'm sorry that you are so discouraged. I hope they have an answer for you. In the mean time..vent away.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    I am really upset right now, though. Okay, vent over. I just have to get it out because if I talk to my hubby, we tend to fight about it. Sad, but true. He's sick of me complaining. :grumble:

It's good to vent...I understand the frustration...maybe a nutitionist is a good idea based on eating for your blood type or they may be able to pinpoint something you haven't thought of...just an idea....I hope you feel better.

Glad to see back into it tho!!!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    I just wanted to update my stats for the day, since I ended up with more than I posted earlier. I did Shred level 3, and I biked for 35 minutes, on top of the c25k so my total for the day was 87. I plan on going to yoga tomorrow for at least 90 and then we'll see what else I decide to throw in.

I am really upset right now, though. This will be a long vent, just to warn you guys, so feel free to stop reading now! :laugh: I went to the Dr. and she will be running some tests tomorrow, (thyroid, fasting glucose and several others), but she said if everything comes back normal I might be someone that just has to work harder than others. WTH? I already DO work more than most people! She asked if I wanted a trainer. Um, no, I think I do a pretty good job myself with a well-rounded workout plan. How about a dietician? Why would I need one while weighing or measuring every item that goes in to my mouth for 5 months now? The fats I eat are healthy; olive oil dressings, salmon, nuts, but always portion controlled. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I have plenty of protein. I drink tons of water. There just is no explanation and it is seriously driving me insane! Yes, I am not very much overweight. But the fact that I am now, for one of the 1st times in my life, despite calorie control and plenty of exercise is such a mental problem for me. I have always been health conscious; I have done at least 2 triathlons every year, I ran a freaking 1/2 marathon just last August. It has been a life-style for me forever, and to work so hard with no results and that 'overweight' title hanging over my head is so upsetting. Okay, vent over. I just have to get it out because if I talk to my hubby, we tend to fight about it. Sad, but true. He's sick of me complaining. :grumble:

Good job guys on all your workouts! You are all inspiring to me!
    Don't you Apologize for your feelings!!!! They are valid and they're yours - it's okay to be frustrated .... as long as there's a solution at the end of it :) I think going to the professionals for blood work et al is a good idea - might be able to shed some light. You do work hard and you seem to have your diet under control . I wish I had your discipline - I really admire it. Hang in there -hopefully they can give you the answers and the direction you need!!
    Right now my portions are way off and I haven't been able to reign it back in . I do great for breakfast and lunch but dinner was a nightmare. I don't seem to be able to be satisfied with a " normal dinner" and nibble on more. bad thing about that isthat it gets to be really hard to track a nibble and it quickly can turn into a mini meal!!!

I did cardio boot camp - 20 min
    samba / reggae - 23 min
    Turbo Jam Fat Blaster - 30 min

can you say damage control !!

Check in tomorrow

Janet
  • nisijam5
    Monday, 35 minutes, Kettleballs
    Tuesday, Flab to Fab 52 minutes, Karioke 40 minutes

Feeling totally lazy today:yawn: , WWJD (what would Jillian do?):huh:

signed up for hi intensity, kettleballs and yoga...I highly doubt I can do all three...so, I think I will skip hi intensity today and give myself a rest from super cardio...we will see

Janet, I understand about the dinner thing, do you eat your exercise calories? I think soup is always a good idea. It takes a long time to eat and not be gone in a mili-second. Like, one time I ate a banana and I was like "where'd it go?" What 3 or 4 bites and it's gone.:grumble: I also like BLT sandwiches, I feel like they fill me up. I had one last night before working out. It gave me the energy to pull through.

Good job on everyone checking in!!!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    10 minutes of speed walking
    40 minutes of vigorous biking.....
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    what is kettleballs? a class?
  • asltiffm

It's a kettle shaped weight with a really big handle on top.
  • nisijam5

It's a kettle shaped weight with a really big handle on top.

Yep, and you swing it around hoping to hit yourself or anyone else:bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Monday, 35 minutes, Kettleballs
    Tuesday, Flab to Fab 52 minutes, Karioke 40 minutes
    Wednesday, 40 Kettleballs, 25 minutes cardioblast

Total 192...go cardio challenge:drinker:
  • asltiffm
    20 minutes 30 day shred
    45 minutes dog walk

229 weekly minutes total

My calves were so sore today that I didn't bike but am supposed to go for a bike ride tomorrow before joining a few friends for 90 minutes of figure skating practice....not sure I'll be including the bike ride unless my calves don't hurt so much though.
  • I am getting ready yo head to 90 minutes of yoga. I'm excited! It's been over 2 weeks since I have been able to go.
    Weekly total so far: 177 minutes
  • nisijam5
    20 minutes 30 day shred
    45 minutes dog walk

229 weekly minutes total

My calves were so sore today that I didn't bike but am supposed to go for a bike ride tomorrow before joining a few friends for 90 minutes of figure skating practice....not sure I'll be including the bike ride unless my calves don't hurt so much though.

I want to be one of your dogs...your so good about walking them
  • asltiffm

LOL, thank you. My dogs definitely get their exercise (more in the winter than right now since it's so hot already). I love walking the dogs. I keep getting people asking me if I am a dog walker and if I want to walk their dogs that I've started thinking about starting a dog walking business. Then I could walk dogs all day instead of sitting in front of a computer! But I don't live in NYC so there'd be a lot of drive time going to different people's houses I think.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Smiles reporting in.... with a big fat NUTHIN for the past two days. :(

I don't know what's gotten into me, but eating fruits and veggies is seeming like torture. This is VERY weird and highly suspect because until about a week ago, I considered myself a fruit and vegetable LOVER. It's been a lifelong love - so where the heck is this avoidance coming from? Lately the thought of carrots for a snack is just pissing me off - and that makes no sense. It's frustrating the heck out of me.

Today I got a lovely salad from an organic salad bar. It was okaaaay. Not satisfying in the least. I learned that while pretty little flowers might look nice in my meal, they aren't my idea of tasty. I had half an apple for breakfast, but didn't finish it b/c i just tasted too... sweet, and since it was sweet in a fruity way, not a pie/cake/cookie/pastry/parfait way, it seemed gross. (WTF? I normally love fruit.) My normal breakfast of oatmeal/ peanut butter is grossing me out too.

Any plausible reasons what could be going on? (And nooooo, I"m not pregnant).

As for exercise - I logged a big zero in that department too. I have an excuse though. I've been working like a crazy person getting stuff caught up at my job so I can go on vacation. It starts tomorrow for 2 weeks. I'm hoping that the eating and poor exercise has been stress related and the "normal" me will reappear when I hit vacation mode. Please send me good vibes. I think I need them.
  • nisijam5
    Smiles...I hear ya on the fruit and veggies...I try to incorporate carbs and protein with them and get more balance

apples, dip in yogurt dip or a little peanut butter
    salad, add garlic toasted pita bread, chicken or beef (I have to have bread with a salad, I don't know why)
    or, maybe you just need to find some new ways to mix it up

Yesterday, I had a cheeseburger with bacon, fries and 2 beers...funny thing is I ordered a side salad instead of fries and then ate everyone elses...LOL...maybe you just need to satisfy your cravings every few days.

Today, I am doing to circuit training s/b 45 to 60 minutes.

I have to say that I am definately seeing some changes...my legs are getting really defined and muscular...tummy is starting to go down as well. I have to keep up this pace for warrior dash which is about 5 weeks away. Problem is, after that, what do I focus on to keep me motivated. I'll have to think of something.
  • nisijam5

LOL, thank you. My dogs definitely get their exercise (more in the winter than right now since it's so hot already). I love walking the dogs. I keep getting people asking me if I am a dog walker and if I want to walk their dogs that I've started thinking about starting a dog walking business. Then I could walk dogs all day instead of sitting in front of a computer! But I don't live in NYC so there'd be a lot of drive time going to different people's houses I think.

too funny!!! 2 dogs is enough for me...our new puppy is a border collie and loves to chase cars...yeah, he's fun to walk
  • Hey,
    I do 540 minutes of cardio per week. The best way to do more cardio is to start doing classes such as Body Attack, Body Combat and RPM if they offer them at your local gym. They are sooo much fun and it motivates you to work harder when you are doing the class with 30 other people. It becomes an addiction :tongue:
  • asltiffm

too funny!!! 2 dogs is enough for me...our new puppy is a border collie and loves to chase cars...yeah, he's fun to walk

Yeah 2 is plenty! We got our first 2 dogs on purpose and the next two were rescued from their previous situations. I wasn't supposed to keep either of them but I fell in love with them and couldn't bear to part with them. Life would sure be easier with just 2 dogs, especially since two of mine are dog aggressive and one is people aggressive as well. Takes some of the joy out of walking them but there's enough good times in the walks to outweigh the bad times. Someday, when my dogs die, I have a goal of only having 1 but since I like big active dogs and my husband like little, lazy lap dogs I believe that I'll have 2 for the rest of my life.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Janet Here ,
    Happy pre-Friday!! The 50 minutes jog/walk after work turned into 28 minutes - my husband came driving around looking for me (he's been out of town since last Friday !!) so I cut it short and hopped in the car with him for some much needed catching up:heart::smooched:
    Got up this morning and hit the 20 min cardio boot camp which brings my total to 191 minutes for the week - something is on for later. Not sure what yet.
    I brought, tuna, and sandwich rounds for lunch and have strawberries, a pear and a grapefruit - had an apple for my snack.
    I also have some yogurt and a string cheese. maybe I won't be so ravenous by the time I get home. :laugh: Just trying for something different with my diet! I am with you Smiles - none of my usual go to foods seems to be satisfying me right now!! I'm sure that will change - I'm hoping so
    I am also waiting on P90(not the X, just the p90) The time length on the dvds is 30-40 minutes rather thanthe full hour so I think that going to work for me where I am in my fitness level. I kind of wanted to try p90x but i honestly am not ready to spend that much. 3 pays of 19.95 works for me - that's 3 pizzas :laugh: Also waiting on Zumba and looking forward to some FUN in my work outs!!

Hope everyone MAKES it a great day ~ it's the only one we've got,
    Janet
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Kim and Janet - thanks both for the ear. Sorry for whining. Good idea to balance them out with some protein - it might make them more satisfying again. Janet, your positive attitude is a blessing - I love the hope that this is just a passing phase.

I have a theory about what's going on with me: we have a friend visiting from out of state, arriving today. She's from my "old life", the one where I was heavier. She's lost about 60 pounds over the last year, and we haven't seen each other during this whole time. Maybe I'm nervous that I won't be able to "see" her progress, (she's quite a bit bigger) - and mine will be "in her face" ?? The thought has crossed my mind. I've been scarfing food down like crazy...Definitely feels like sabotage. Hopefully - after she gets here - whatever weirdness has been surfacing I have will be disspelled and I'll be back to normal. Hopefully. We have a lot of good eats planned this week, just need to control the portions and stay active.... and ENJOY LIFE!!

Kim - great to hear about the legs and tummy - it's so rewarding to be seeing / feeling progress. I'm jealous every time i read about your kettlebell class. And Janet, can't wait to hear about your power 90 adventures. Great job with the running too. (BTW, I found a copy of Gunnar Peterson's Core Secrets for 25 cents - and b/c you mentioned it, I snagged it up. Haven't tried it yet though).
This discussion has been closed.