Motivation tips to work out early in the morning?

Options
I used to be an early riser but recently I can't get my butt out of bed! I usually workout in the afternoon after I get out of classes, but I'd prefer to get into the habit of working out earlier in the morning to jump start my day. Anyone have any motivational tips to help get me out of my bed at 6am? :)

Replies

• bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Make yourself get up for about a week and it becomes habit. Now when I intend to sleep in I find my self up at 5:30.
  • kariannmbc
    Options
    I get up and am out the door by 5:40 to hit the gym before work. For me, no coffee until I've worked out. That is is great motivation for me.

Also, it only took me about a week to start waking up by 5:30 every day, even without my alarm.
  • the_scream_queen
    Options
    I asked the same question on Facebook a few months ago, and someone gave me a great idea that really worked for me. Program your coffee to start when your alarm goes off. the smell and promise of caffeine is usually enough to get me moving.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Ditto the others. It must have been the entire year last year that I had my alarm clock set at 6am, but just never quite made it out of bed until 6:45, then 6:50, then 7:00...

This year, I decided to just stick to it for a week. That was three weeks ago and I'm still waking up early and have bumped my wakeup time even earlier to 5:45. I set my clothes out the night before and grab them on my way downstairs.

I know that Nike turned the saying "Just Do It" into a cliche, but really, that's all there is to motivation.
  • LemonMint6
    Options
    I keep posting it, but there is a challenge on Nerd Fitness to roll out of bed and walk a mile. That's the only commitment. After a week I developed the habit of getting up early, and wanted to do more. I now STRONGLY prefer working out in the morning and feel like I'm WAITING ALL DAY if I don't do it first.
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    get everything ready the night before, clothes, watch, ipod, whatever you need...and make sure you dont snooze your alarm either :bigsmile: