Fibre 1 brownies (Any try them?)

Options

Replies

• DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I love them!!! But have a problem stopping at just one!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I tried them.... once.... that was enough for me. They tasted like cardboard and did nothing to satisfy me. They bloated me and gave me the worst gas I've ever had (although all the fiber bars do that). :blushing: I'll never eat another one. Looks can definitely be deceiving!
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I like them and I give them to my 4 year old. One has about 10 Calories more than one of my favorite cookies and has significantly more fiber. I'd guess the box looks different 'cuz you're in the UK? I do like the brownie flavor more than the chocolate chip.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would skip them and go with the standard two-bite brownie. I thought these tasted like prune brownies. They should have been able to make them taste better for the amount of calories in them.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I haven't had those, but I've had the Kashi ones and they were good, although made me a bit thirsty.
  • TMR001
    TMR001 Posts: 37
    Options
    I thought they were nasty when I ate them... not worth the calories.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    The Fibre 1 almond coconut protein bar is pretty good... tastes like an almond joy candy bar.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I buy them and I like them and so do my kids, we don't have the chocolate chip bar but it looks good to. I also like the Fiber 1 chocolate and oat bars
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I personally think they taste disgusting, but I do really like the Fiber One bars - especially the Chocolate Pretzel.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    9tmhqt.jpg

Has anyone tried them before? I was thinking about trying them because I love brownies. I know there are people here that are probably going to tell me to stay away from them because of the ingredients, but seriously? I crave something chocolatey and sweet from time to time and to get something that still not considered healthy for you every once in awhile won't make me fat....at least I hope not. lol

But has anyone tried them? They have a caramel one, too.

Yuck!
    Gag!
    Puke!
    Even my kids wouldn't eat them!
  • pattie521
    Options
    If you're looking for something to satisfy your chocolate craving, I go for a handful of chocolate animal crackers.
  • ChocolateAmazon
    Options
    I tried it one time and to be honest I didn't like it because it tasted too sweet, then again I just had wls 5 months ago and my taste buds are changing so it could of just been me.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call those brownies!
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've had the Fiber One kind. I don't love them. If you're looking for chocolate alternatives..... Try the new Fiber One chocolate cereal. Tastes like Cocoa Puffs. I'm also a huge fan of Sugar free cocoa made with WATER not milk. Dove Promises (if you can stop yourself at one or two). I also like chocolate dip....mix lite cool whip with hot cocoa powder (never tried it with sugar free) let sit for 15 minutes+ to smooth out the granules (or it will taste gritty) and eat with fruit like berries or bananas. Lite chocolate soy milk. Chocolate steel cut oats (overnight crock pot variety). Chocolate graham crackers broken in half with some lite cool whip in between, sandwiched like an ice cream sandwich and frozen. Chocolate banana refrigerator oatmeal (I make mine with cocoa and a touch of nutella). Chocolate rice cakes. Tofu chocolate pudding (awesome! But you have to appreciate it for what it is....aka not REAL chocolate pudding). Chocolate pudding cups, if you get the right kind, run about 100 cals per cup. I also like the chocolate 80 cal snack packs.
  • sjanney007
    Options
    In my opinion, they aren't good at all. I would rather have a small homemade brownie. If the fiber aspect is what you're looking for, just add a fiber supplement to your daily regime.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    They don’t taste like a real brownie, but they aren’t bad for a quick choc fix.
  • yonky50
    yonky50 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I get a big box from costco and have one when i crave chocolate. Mine are 90 calorie and taste good. They just aren't very big. The best part is that they are not addictive for me so i only eat them once in a while.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's makes a fat free brownie mix, you just add fat free yogurt to it and they taste really good and moist.
  • I eat the Fiber 1 Brownie Bars that are 90 calories. That box looks different than the one someone else posted. I like them. They ont taste as good as a real brownie, but it helps the cravings. I usually cut the thing up into 8 pieces and when I am craving something I pop a piece in my mouth. Makes it last longer and if I crave more than once a day it really helps to have a small bite to satisfy.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Well, There are enough comments that say it's bad for me not to try them.

I'll be choosing another chocolate treat then. I also make my own "Nutella" with raw honey, unsweetened cacao powder and tblsp and a half of natural peanut butter, creamy. Either the honey or Stevia. Amazing by itself, on oatmeal, in a whole wheat wrap or whole wheat or grain toast or flat bread.

Try it!

Mix a tblsp and a half of unsweetened cacao powder, tblsp and a half of natural peanut butter with stevia or raw honey and mix with some warm water.